Thursday, September 24, 2020

Sweet Sunshine / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm sharing a new layout for Hip Kit Club today :)  This is my first page featuring the 2020 September Hip Kits.  They are full of fall goodness!  Lots of the Crate Paper Marigold and Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor collection...so pretty.  I don't have a lot of typical Fall photos since I live in Florida, so I have to make our outdoor photos during the Fall months work :)

I used this gorgeous teal cardstock for a background.  I added a sliver of a diagonal striped patterned paper over on the left and then smudged down a bunch of white gesso.  I added a hint of color over the gesso using the Lindy's Gang Clam Bake Beige Powder.  It dries very light over white gesso.  I layered a few patterned papers behind the photo and went crazy with cute embellishments :)

These deer are SOOOOO cute!  I used one from the Crate Paper Chipboard Stickers, I fussy cut one from a patterend paper and then one from the Crate Paper sticker book.  I also used a cute little squirrel.  I love how the deer are looking at the photo.  I wanted them to have something to stand on, so I machine stitched them a little spot under their feet :)  I popped up a few of them to create some dimension.
I layered in a fussy cut flower here (from a Pocket Life card), a few of the gold puffy Thickers and some cute camera stickers.  I absolutely love the combo of the gold on top of the teal cardstock...so beautiful!
I fussy cut a few of the large vellum flowers (Amy Tangerine) to use as layers under the photo.  Here you can see the effect of the gesso.  I splattered some gold Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray as well (from an older kit).
I tucked in some tangled pink thread here...I love the touches of pink scattered around the page.  The white splatters are white acrylic paint.  I just watered it down a touch and used a brush to splatter.
I tucked in a few flowers here...the cluster is a Jen Hadfield sticker, and the circle is from Pinkfresh Studio.  I love combining different products from different brands like this!
I think the white splatters look like snow, but I used them on a Fall page anyway...haha.  I love how the white looks on the darker background...always so striking.

Here you can see the dimension from the adhesive foam behind some of the animals.

I love this Sweet sticker...perfect for a title.  I love how it angles up, and the font is so pretty. 

These cute cameras are clear stickers, so I adhered them to white cardstock first and then cut them out.  This way the background doesn't interfere with the colors.

One more just because the deer are so adorable :)

I hope this inspires you today...the September Hip Kits are just beautiful.  I had fun getting out of my normal comfort zone and creating this page.  Usually I'm all about rainbows and summer, but this was fun to make to change things up a bit!

Here's my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again tomorrow with another layout and video!


No comments:

Post a Comment