Saturday, September 12, 2020

Together / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Weekend, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio today featuring the new Days of Splendor collection.  It's a Fall collection and has lots of pretty muted colors, beautiful florals and leaves and a ton of fun embellishments.  I tend to struggle with Fall layouts because I don't really have any Fall photos.  Florida doesn't really participate in this season (haha), so I don't have the typical Fall layouts.  I make it work with what I have, and I do have lots of outdoor photos during the Fall months, so that counts, right?

I used some color blocks that I fussy cut from one of the patterned papers to help design my page.  I also incorporated a new cut file...the Modern Simple Wreath.  I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso.  I used the Liquid Watercolors and the Ink Cubes to create the background.


I used a mix of Sky Blue and Aquamarine watercolors on the background first.  I mixed in a bit of green, using the Olive Ink Cube.  Once I arranged the color blocks, I distressed the edges and chose a few embellishments, including lots of die cuts and enamel dots.


I used a few of the die cuts to serve as my title, which overlapped nicely on top of the photo.  I added in a puffy sticker here along with some green thread.  I also used some of the Essentials Jewels here...I love the sparkle and dimension they add!


Sometimes I like to use cut files as a large design element.  Sometimes I like to use them as subtle layers.  I cut two of these wreaths in a smaller size and tucked them behind the photo and again over on the left.


I might be addicted to using these Jewels on everything...they are so cool!  And each container has three sizes of each color.


The florals in this collection are just beautiful...as always :)  I created a little cluster over on the lower right side of the page.


More detailed shots coming...




I did a little tone-on-tone embellishing here with some bits and pieces.




I hope this inspires you in some way today.  I always hope that at least one technique or one piece of my layouts helps you with your next page.  I love sharing ideas and what works for me :)

Here's my process video if you're interested :)



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your work. Would you mind sharing the type of cardstock you use for your mixed media layouts?

    ReplyDelete