Monday, June 3, 2019

You Are a Star / Pinkfresh Studio

Hey, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio today.  I created this as part of the June Challenge.  You can check it out and play along HERE.


Here's the layout I created using these colors, and I mixed and matched bits and pieces from the three newest collections: Everyday Musings, Out & About, and Joyful Day.  I started with the Starburst cut file from Just Nick Studio.  I pulled papers from all three collections and backed all the open stars.  I used the cut out stars as layers on top of the solid white stars.


I used the Liquid Watercolors on the background.  I used smooth white cardstock as my base, and I gave it a coat of clear gesso first.  Once that dried, I used the watercolors in the area behind the star cut file.  I wanted the color to show through the cut file and around the edges.  I didn't need a lot of embellishments since the stars were so prominent.  I mixed and matched my title using the two alpha puffy sticker sets from Joyful Day.


I did raise the entire cut file up by adding lots of adhesive foam behind the stars.  I love the shadowing and dimension that creates.


I did add a few sentiment stickers in a few places.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun color and dimension :)





How often do you mix and match collections from the same manufacturer?  This was fun to do, and I love how there are bits and pieces from each line that really look nice together.  I hope you'll play along with our challenge this month!  Go HERE to see more inspiration layouts and upload your project.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment