Monday, June 10, 2019

Summer Sippin' / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 May Hip Kits.  I am definitely in summer scrap mode, and I decided to use lots of fun summer colors for this page.  I really wanted to use the Dear Lizzy peach paper, so I started with that and fussy cut a few of them out.  I sorted through all the kits and picked out things that were orange and decided to match it up with other things that were pink and blue.  I mixed and matched some Pocket Life cards, patterned papers and lots of embellishments in those three colors.


I decided to create a big layered design using the cards and papers.  I fussy cut the peaches and some of the gold foiled vellum flowers and then used some of the Crate Paper frames, chipboard and stickers.  I also used a few of the exclusive acetate butterflies and a fabric bow.


I actually went kind of light on the mixed media, which is rare for me.  I used thick white cardstock as my background.  I did coat a lot of it with clear gesso first and let it dry.  I pulled the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in TiffanyLou Blue from an older kit. I love how this color matches the blue in the Pocket Life card perfectly.  I also mixed some of the Yodeling Yellow Magical Shaker Powder with the Fuzzy Navel Magical Powder to get an orange color.  I splattered that color on the background as well.  I also finished it off with some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine from a kit that's a few years old.  The Color Kits keep on giving!


Here I layered more papers together and then topped them with die cuts and stickers.  I also machine stitched in a few places with metallic gold thread.


I mixed and matched the title using some of the light pink exclusive puffy alphas with the light pink foam Thickers.  My title is Summer Sippin' since Paige was taking drinks from the water hose...haha!  I remember doing that as a kid :)


I added in a little bit of light pink thread here for some added texture and detail.  Here you can see that pretty blue on the background.  I used the packaging technique as well as a brush to apply the color.


I did add some adhesive foam behind some of the embellishments to create some depth.  I also bent up the edges of most of the papers.


Here are a few more detailed shots of all the pretty goodness :)



I love how this page turned out!  It's really gotten me in the mood for summer.  I hope you pulled some ideas from this to try on your next layout!  I have a process video here if you're interested.



Thanks for stopping in, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment