Friday, June 21, 2019

Paradise / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for the Paige Evans DT using Paige’s new Heart Confetti Stencil (available next week!) and Heart Swirls cut file. I couldn’t wait to use this stencil to create some awesome background texture. I cut the heart on Horizon Paper 03 because I just had to use all the rainbow colors again. Cutting the heart in the center of this paper allowed me to get ALL the colors in. I used thick white cardstock as my background and scraped modeling paste over the stencil around the edges of where the cut file would be. I wanted hearts and texture peeking all around the outside of the heart. Once that dried, I used a rainbow array of spray inks to create a watercolor effect around the heart.


I did apply clear gesso to the background first to allow all the inks to spread and blend into one another. I simply sprayed each color right onto the paper, spritzed a bit of water over it, and let the colors do their thing. I love how the color runs around the hearts. Modeling paste is awesome for this! Once the background was dry, I attached the cut file down. I then went through all of the Horizon embellishments and added bits and pieces in according to color. I love the tone-on-tone effect. Here I used the StickersEpoxy StickersChipboard StickersEphemera Die Cuts, and even a few floral bits fussy cut from the 6x8 Paper Pad.


I love how the colors on the background match the colors on the heart. I softened up the colors on the die cut by smudging a bit of white gesso over it before attaching it to the background. I layered some Ephemera Die Cuts behind my photo as well as a bit of pink paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad. I added some tissue paper for more texture and adhesive foam for dimension.


This “paradise” Epoxy Sticker matched perfectly in this spot for my title. I also wanted to show that you can use a travel-themed title for an everyday photo. I added a few green hearts to the right of the photo along with some matching tangled thread. I machine stitched through the bottom part of the title for added detail. I also stitched around the outer perimeter of the layout since I layered the background onto another sheet of white cardstock.


I love how the "paradise" Epoxy sticker matches the background colors!  It just happened to work out like that, and I couldn't be more excited about it...haha!


Have I ever mentioned how much I love texture?  Haha...yes, just about every single page I make :D  Since the background was very textured and the cut file is so intricate, I used a sheet of tiny sticky dots to attach it.  It's from Thermoweb, and you can find it HERE.


More gorgeous texture and beautifully blended rainbow colors!


I trimmed off the white edges of this floral die cut.  I felt like the white stood out too much.  By cutting it off, it helped the florals to blend in a bit better and not draw your eye straight there instead of the photo.


A few more close-ups...



I really had a blast making this! Did you pre-order this stencil? It’s awesome in every way and you will love the texture it adds to your pages! I hope you get some inspiration from this or an idea or two for your next project. Be sure to check out my process video for even more details!


Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment