Saturday, June 1, 2019

New Shimmerz Missy Whidden Color Kit + Layout

Happy Saturday, and Happy June!  I'm here today to share the new June Color Kitz from Shimmerz Paints with you...yay!  First up is the Missy Kit.  It contains four Shimmerz, three exclusive Dotz and a beautiful exclusive cut file designed by Paige Evans.  This kit is available TODAY, June 1st.  Go HERE to get it!

Colors include:
  • NEW Spritz Hint of Mint
  • Spritz Chance of Rain
  • Shimmerz Pink Caviar
  • Inklingz Dear John Letter
PRICE:  $18.95


Here's the layout I created using everything in the kit.  I began by cutting the heart four times using white cardstock.  I also used smooth white cardstock as my background.  I like to use white to really showcase the colors in the kit.  I did coat the background with clear gesso first to allow the colors to spread and blend.  I decided on a horizontal design with the hearts, so I painted a messy watercolor area behind each one.


I went with a tone-on-tone look here, meaning I embellished on each section using items of the same color family.  Here you can see how shimmery the Inklingz Dear John Letter is.  It's a pretty light peachy color, and the finish is extra shimmery.  I went through my stash of "stuff" and found several die cuts, hearts and epoxy stickers to use here on top of the heart.  I didn't have any thread this color, so I painted some light pink thread to match.


The Spritz Hint of Mint is a brand new color, and it's so pretty!  It has a light shimmery powder mixed in it, so it has a light shimmer when dry.  I have learned that if you add water to it, some of the shimmer is dulled a bit.  Again, I used a few bits and pieces in the same color to add to this area of the page.  Here you can also see the top of the Shimmerz Pink Caviar.  It's a pinkish salmon color with lots of sparkle.



The Shimmerz original paint is a lot thicker than the Inklingz, and it has lots of sparkle when dry.  It's almost like glitter was blended into it.  Here you can see I used one of the exclusive Dotz here.  This set is very versatile and can be used on any type of layout.


This pretty blue is the Spritz Chance of Rain.  Again, it has a light shimmer to it.  I embellished here with some Pinkfresh Studio die cuts, some Pink Paislee puffy stickers, some old Hip Kit Club exclusive stickers and some Crate Paper stickers.  Lots of things from my old stash bin!  Again, I added in some thread and another Dotz.



I decided to add in this large Crate Paper chipboard butterfly to add something up top since there was so much white space.


This color here is definitely worth getting this kit...it's a gorgeous shade of mint!


I mixed and matched the title using some Pinkfresh Studio & some Crate Paper.  I also added in some older Simple Stories black heart clear stickers.


One last close-up of all the pretty things :)


I do have a process video here.  You can see more of these colors up close and in action as well as the layout process.  I hope you'll check it out!



Also available today is the original Shimmerz Color Kitz.  It contains four Shimmerz colors and a set of Dotz.

Colors Include:
  • Coloringz Scarlett's Fever
  • Shimmerz Key Lime
  • Creameez Crow's Feet
  • Inklingz Old Yeller
PRICE: $13.95




I hope you'll grab these kits...they're really beautiful! And the kits are a great way to build up your Shimmerz stash because these prices are a STEAL!

Go HERE to purchase yours!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment