Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Awesome Sweetness / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club today.  I used the 2019 June Hip Kits, and they are SO bright and fun!  I couldn't decide on a specific color scheme, so I just went with ALL the colors...haha!  There are so many bits and pieces from Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope and Heidi Swapp Color Fresh.  I used an older heart cut file from February and created lots of different sized hearts.  My idea was to layer them together and use them as a big design element.  I used some of the beautiful orange Mango cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background and added lots of mixed media to it.


I used lots of patterned papers as well as some of the Pocket Life cards to create the hearts.  I distressed the edges, glued them in layers and then machine stitched down the centers.  I created lots of texture on the background.  I started with white gesso and then used modeling paste over the stencil from the Color Kit.  Once that dried, I used some of the Lindy's Gang Magical Powders to add lots of pink and orange color.


I love how these hearts turned out!  This was a fun and easy way to get lots of color & patterns on the page.  Once they were made, it was just a matter of where to arrange them in relation to my photo.  I added in lots of the Vicki Boutin Chipboard Stickers and some of the Heidi Swapp Sticker Book Stickers, which are mostly vellum and transparent.


Here you can see the awesome background texture from the stencil and paste.  The Lindy's Gang Magicals are so fun...just add a bit of water to a little bit of the powder and you get instant watercolor.  I used a brush and water to spread it around the page.  I also used a few Shimmerz sprays from previous kits to add some variation on the colors.  I also added in some tangled thread for even more texture and pops of color.


Here I added more lovely Vicki Boutin goodies...chipboard, floral die cuts, puffy stickers.


I used one of the Heidi Swapp stickers for my title.  I first stuck it to some vellum and then cut it out to make it stand out more on the photo.  The other stickers below that are also from the Sticker Book.  I tucked in a few of the Vicki Boutin stickers as well.


Here are some more close-ups of all the color & details :)





I hope this inspires you in some way!  These kits definitely inspire me...I can't get enough of all the colors!  You can see how this all came together here in my process video:



Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment