Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Roam / Pinkfresh Studio

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm here with a new mixed media layout for Pinkfresh Studio featuring the Out & About collection.  I just love the bright colors in this line, and I love that it has so many possibilities when it comes to travel photos.  This photo isn't really about travel; it's my little family walking home from the local park close to our house.  But this collection has so many awesome embellishments that fit it perfectly!  I decided to back a cut large cut file for my main design and title.  This alpha cut file is from The Cut Shoppe.


I used thick smooth white cardstock as my background.  I coated a lot the watercolored area with clear gesso to begin.  Once that dried, I used the Liquid Watercolors to create a pretty blue area behind the photo and cut file.  I used the packaging technique as well as a brush to apply the color.  I went through all the embellishments from the collection and used several around the page as well as some pieces that I fussy cut from patterned papers.


I love the different shades of blue here.  I fussy cut the GO piece from patterned paper.  I pulled some of the Die Cut Ephemera to use as well as a few Puffy Stickers from the Joyful Day collection.  I added my journaling right under the photo and tucked in some pretty aqua thread.





I chose four patterned papers to back the cut file with.  I just love the bright rainbow colors mixed with the different shades of blue.  I popped everything up off the page with some adhesive foam.


Here you can see the dimension and shadowing effects from adding the adhesive foam.


Here above the photo I added in a label that I cut from paper, a die cut speech bubble and a sticker.  These embellishments made this layout come together so quickly because everything matched so well and looked great in every spot.


One final close-up here.  I just had to use this Exploring the Neighborhood Die Cut since that is exactly what we were doing!  I added some foam under it to raise it up.  All of the large circles around the page were fussy cut from patterned paper.


I hope you are inspired by this in some way...it was so much fun to put together!  Be sure to check out  my process video here for more details!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment