Wednesday, September 20, 2017

You Rock / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello, friends!  I'm back again today, and I’m excited to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I love challenging myself, so I decided to create a girl layout using the You Rock collection. It’s primarily a boy line, but you most definitely can make girl pages with it. I scrapped this cute photo of my daughter rockin’ out some sunglasses. I have been hoarding that gorgeous blue ombre Experimental paper and just had to use it as my background. I fussy cut all those stars from the Starshine paper and layered them all over the background. I did jazz up the background a bit with some white gesso and some Shimmerz watercolors. The white splatters are watered down white acrylic paint. I went minimal with embellishments since all those stars were such a big statement.


I used the collection’s name as my title.  I fussy cut the letters from the Random Paper and tucked them inside some of the stars.  I added a few of the Rubber Charms in a few places as well.  You can see that I also did a bit of machine stitching inside some of the stars with gold metallic thread.


I took all the stars from the Wood Veneer Shapes pack and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.  I love the pop of gold it gives to the page, and it adds some shine.


Here you can see that the embossed detail on the wood still showed up really well after I added the gold powder.  I just love how they turned out!  I tucked a few of the bigger ones under the sides of the photo along with some tangled thread.


I added in a few Chipboard Accent Stickers below and above the photo.  I fussy cut “smile” from the Random Paper and added it right on top of the photo.


Here’s the top of the photo that I just mentioned.


And one final image of the cute Flair Button I used.  I added a few Die Cut Ephemera stars as well.  I think I used up all the stars that I had left ;)


I hope this inspires you to try making a girl page with this collection.  It was a fun challenge, and I love how it turned out.  The color scheme is so bold and fun, and those stars were really fun to design with.  Be sure to check out my process video if you’d like to watch how I made this page.



Thanks so much for stopping in....have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back scrapbooking, and that you and your family are all safe. My style of scrapbooking is very similar to yours (I've been addicted to thread for years) and your creations are very inspiring!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the stars and paper patterns! This is such a fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est une page très pétillante ;-). Qu'utilisez-vous comme machine à coudre le papier svp ? Merci.

    ReplyDelete