Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Dream Chaser / Paige Evans Design Team

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm still playing catch up since being off the grid last week.  Today I have a fun layout to share today for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring “leaves.” I used the beautiful Turn the Page collection for this and I enlarged a leaf cut file from The Cut Shoppe. I used a few patterned papers I had already cut into for another project. I used Paper 24 and Paper 08 as well as some of the 6x6 Paper Pad papers to back the cut file. I used a beautiful light coral ombre paper from the 12x12 Paper Pad as my background. I went around the edges of the leaves with some white gesso first and then used some gold Color Shine and a few gelatos to add some color around the edges. These photos of my daughter looking for leaves were perfect for today’s theme. I kept them in color because they looked so pretty with this collection.


I did a bit of metallic gold machine stitching through the center of each leaf. I mixed and matched with embellishing here. I tucked some floral elements under the photo, which include an Ephemera Die Cut and Chipboard Sticker. I decided to use a sticker from the Sticker Book as my title, which I adhered to some vellum first and then cut out.


Over on the right side I added a Wood Veneer leaf sprig and topped it off with some fussy cut flowers. I cut those from one of the 6x6 Paper Pad papers that has rose gold foiling… so pretty! I cut that cute little piece in between the photos from one of the 2x2 Paper Pads. I finished off this area with a strip of the rose gold Washi Tape Book flowers.


Above the photos, I tucked in a rose gold butterfly from the Ephemera Die Cuts and a butterfly sticker from the Sticker Book. I love how all the gold looks! To finish everything off I added some aqua splatters.


I think these birds are just adorable!  The larger one is from the Ephemera Die Cuts, and I fussy cut the smaller one from a 6x6 Paper Pad paper.  I tucked in some metallic gold thread there and added a gold phrase sticker from the Sticker Book.


Here's one more close-up of the photo area.  I tucked in some rose gold flowers from the Ephemera Die Cuts and some yellow flowers from the Chipboard Stickers.  I also added a row of rose gold flowers at the bottom from the Washi Tape Book.


I hope this inspires you in some way...it sure was fun to create!  Check out my process video here if you'd like:



Thanks so much for visiting me today!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Missy, those leaves are gorgeous!! This is a marvelous page!!

    ReplyDelete