Thursday, September 28, 2017

Forever in My Heart / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring flowers and hearts.  I began with one of the beautiful exclusive floral cut files and enlarged it to run off the page in a diagonal manner.  I used a few collections here:  You Rock, Make a Wish and Wild At Heart.  I love mixing and matching!  I backed the cut file with papers from Make a Wish and Wild at Heart. I used watercolors on some scrap paper to create the green leaves.  The background paper is the In Line paper from You Rock.  I added a lot of white acrylic paint first and then used watercolors and gelatos to add lots of yellows and pinks.  I really love how this page turned out.


I'm so sad that I'm almost out of this gorgeous floral paper!  I've tried to make it stretch, but it's almost gone.  I used it to back some of these flowers, and I love how it turned out.  I think the green leaves turned out pretty well, too :)


Backing a cut file is really easy.  The fun part is sorting through all the papers to see which parts of them you want to use.  Once I had the cut file finished, I created the background.  I went back to the Fresh Cut Paper from Make a Wish and fussy cut more flowers out to create a little cluster by the photo.  I also added in some tangled thread and some Wood Veneer hearts from Wild at Heart.


I went small with the title and used a Wild at Heart Die Cut Ephemera piece as well as an Accessory Sticker and a Make a Wish Accessory Sticker.  My journaling fit nicely right under the photo.


Over on the right side I added in a few hearts from Make a Wish.  They were the perfect addition to that area, and the colors match really well.


In addition to the packaging technique, I also sprayed directly onto the background with some spray inks.  You can see a little Wild at Heart Wood Veneer heart tucked in there.


Here are more Wild at Heart Wood Veneer.  I coated them with white gesso and let it dry.  Then I sprayed some spray inks on them and dabbed the color with a paper towel.  Finally I added in some word and phrase Accessory Stickers from Wild at Heart.


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next project :)  I have a process video if you'd like to check it out...



Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment