Monday, September 25, 2017

Love This / Bella Blvd

Hey, friends!  Happy Monday :)  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  I also have some tips and tricks.  This is the Illustrated Faith Faith > Fear collection.  It's completely black and white, which means it has lots of possibilities.  I love color, so I'm going to share how I added it to my layout.  I used the Illustrated Faith Watercolors on my white cardstock background.  The colors really make the black and white pop!


I coated my cardstock with white gesso first.  This is a really simple technique even if you're not into mixed media.  I just dabbed some of each color on the cardstock and used a palette knife to scrape it down in a vertical fashion.  It was easy to blend one color into the next.




Once I add the black and white letters over the color, you can see what a fun difference it makes.  I used an alpha cut file from The Cut Shoppe to create these letters, and I used various patterned papers from the collection.


Adding color to the Chipboard is easy, also.  Such a quick way to make these fit whatever color scheme you're using.




After I glued down the letters, I traced around the open spots with a black pen to make them stand out a little more.  I embellished with more of the Chipboard hearts and an open heart stamp from the collection.


I love creating rainbows!  The IF Watercolor set has the perfect shades to do that.


Here's the bottom of the layout.  I added the colored Chipboard hearts as well as some stamped ones.  I even used one of the Designer Clips here.  I just cut the clip part off.


I added more Chipboard and stamped hearts on this side as well.  I tucked in some tangled thread for some added pops of color and texture.


Finally, I added in a fun banner die cut from the Paper Pieces pack and wrote my journaling down below.  I added some splatters in each color here as well.


I hope this inspires you to add some color to basic black and white elements.  This collection has so many possibilities because you can pretty much customize it.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you've done with the letters Missy, this is fun!

    ReplyDelete