Friday, September 29, 2017

Here's to New Adventures / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  It's Friday...yeah!!  Here's a bonus page I created for the Paige Evans Design Team. I got to play with Paige’s new Premium Ribbon, and it’s available at Hobby Lobby.  There are four different patterns from the Oh My Heart collection.  I used all four patterns on my page and did a little mixing and matching with the Oh My Heart and Turn the Page collections.  I started with some white cardstock.  I knew the bright colors of the ribbon would show nicely against the white.  I coated it with clear gesso and then added coordinating colors of spray inks.  I used the packaging technique and added splatters mostly to the bottom right area since that is where I wanted my photo to go.  Next, I created a big star shape with the ribbon.  I chose several papers from the Oh My Heart 12x12 Paper Pad that matched and cut off thin strips to mix in with the ribbon.  




I lightly adhered the ribbon and paper strips to the cardstock with a few dabs of glue.  Once it dried, I machine stitched a few times through each line of ribbon.  I used metallic gold thread because it just looks so pretty with all the bright colors.  I embellished with bits and pieces from the Turn the Page collection including some Chipboard Stickers, rose gold stickers from the Sticker Book and some fussy cut pieces from the 6x6 Paper Pad.



I created a smaller cluster of stars in the upper left area using more stars.  I fussy cut them from Turn the Page Paper 19 and the 6x6 Paper Pad.  I added some foam under the big star as well as some yellow tangled thread.  The smaller stars are from the Sticker Book.  I used a rose gold phrase sticker from the Sticker Book as my title, and I placed it right in the center of the star.



I added some stars around my photo, too.  They are from the Turn the Page Chipboard Stickers.  That cute tab on the right is from the Sticker Book.  I love all of these fun and bright colors together!


Here's one more close-up.  I think gold is such a gorgeous addition to a layout...especially with Paige's papers!  I just love the gold stickers :)


I hope this gives you some fun ideas on incorporating this new ribbon into your projects!  Be on the lookout for it at Hobby Lobby:)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. I love this. Love stars and this is so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete