Monday, July 3, 2017

Live For the Moment / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  Today I wanted to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2017 June Hip Kits.  Last week I was up for the weekly Sketch Challenge, and I really had a blast using it as inspiration.  I love that it's pretty simple yet leaves room for lots of mixed media and white space.


Here's what I came up with.  I know I sound like a broken record, but these kits are gorgeous!  The colors just don't get any more beautiful than this!  I only used one photo, and in place of the other one, I fussy cut this beautiful hot air balloon from a Project Life card and tucked it in.  Seriously, the PL cards this month are stunning, and I used a few of them behind the photo.  I embellished with lot of goodies from all the kits...puffy stickers, die cut frames, wood veneer buttons...everything is just so pretty it was hard to narrow down!


How adorable is that flamingo?  It matched so well.  Paige is wearing a tropical swimsuit, and the colors just matched everything in the kits so perfectly.  The Bella Blvd puffy stickers are just gorgeous.  I fussy cut the large floral PL card and used that as a big layer over on the left.  I layered together a few of the Vicki Boutin die cut pieces and added some Crate Paper word stickers.  Let's not forget my favorite thing to add...thread :)


I love how the hot air balloon looks...I layered a floral puffy sticker, a circle die cut and an exclusive wood veneer button here.  I love the dimension of everything together!


I added some white gesso to the background, and then used the Prima Watercolor Confections from last month's Color Kit to add all that beautiful pink and golden yellow/oranges.  I used the new stencil from the Color Kit with some of the Shimmerz Paste-eez to add a bit more texture.  It's subtle, and I love how it turned out.


I used one of the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts here for the title.  Here you can see that big fussy cut floral piece.  The PL cards are great for layouts...they make excellent layers and there are always fun images to cut out (like this one).  I added some thread under it and layered the title right over it.


I added a bit of foam adhesive under this little die cut cluster I created.  The dimension makes so much difference, I think.  I wrote a few lines of journaling here as well.


 I hope this has inspired you in some way.  We'd love to see your take on this week's sketch, so be sure to upload your project over on the forum so we can ooooh and aaahhh over it!  Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day, and Happy 4th of July to all my USA friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment