Sunday, July 23, 2017

Good Times / Thermoweb

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Thermoweb.  Can you spot all the shiny foiled pieces on this layout?  My focus for this page is the Deco Foil Transfer Gel and Deco Foil Transfer Sheets.  I used a few stencils and three beautiful colors of the Deco Foil Transfer Sheets to create the pretty Flamingo and pineapples.  I used the Pink Melon for the flamingo and the Lime and Champagne for the pineapples.  The process is simple, and the results are always gorgeous!


The Deco Foil Transfer Gel is easy to use.  I placed the stencils on top of a sheet of Gina K. Designs White Premium Cardstock and used a palette knife to apply the Transfer Gel.  After letting it dry completely, I cut the shapes from the cardstock and placed the Deco Foil Transfer Sheets over the images.  I placed them in between a folded piece of parchment paper and ran it through my laminator.
The heat presses the foil onto the gel, and when you peel the sheet off, you get a gorgeous foiled image.  I fussy cut around the edges and used the images as large die cut embellishments.  I also used lots of pretty die cuts from Fancy Pants and some Pink Paislee chipboard.


To give the flamingo some fun texture, I bent it back and forth a few times.  It made the foiled part a little wrinkled, and I love how it turned out.  All these fun layered pieces together created some really great dimension.  I used a big hibiscus stencil and some distress inks on the background as well as some white gesso.


Look at that shine!  These pineapples couldn’t have turned out any more perfect.  They look so awesome mixed with this little flamingo and all these flowers. I love the contrast of the colors with the blue in the photo. Here you can see more of the background.  I used yellow, pink, orange and green distress inks to create some large background flowers and some blue spray ink and a blue gelato to add some contrast.


I love the dimension created from fussy cutting an image from cardstock or paper.  These foiled pineapples were the perfect embellishment to tuck underneath my photo.  I added some foam behind the photo to raise it up a little bit, and the die cuts worked well right under the edge.  I did add some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine for some added shine.


I used some older metallic gold Thickers for my title...they were a perfect match for the foiled pieces.  I love how the dimension looks here with the die cuts tucked in here and there.  I added some metallic gold thread under the photo.  Under the journaling, I added in a few strips of washi tape and some machine stitching.


I love how the background turned out with the distress inks!  The gesso really made a big difference with keeping the ink colors brighter instead of blending right into the pink paper.


To complete the layout, I used some metallic gold Thickers for my title.  I love how it looks with all the bright colors and the light pink background.  I wrote a bit of journaling down below and added a bit of washi tape and machine stitching.


Here's one more shot of all the pretty things :)


I hope this gives you some inspiration.  The foil is so fun to play with, and the shiny results are so pretty!  You can check out how I made this in my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutley gorgeous! I Love the mixed media background and all the layers

    ReplyDelete