Wednesday, July 19, 2017

All Smiles / Precious Remembrance Shop DT

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm sharing a new layout for the Precious Remembrance Shop Design Team.  A few months ago I was a Guest Designer and had a ball playing with some really awesome stamps.  Dyane, the owner, asked me to join the team as a video designer, and I happily agreed!  I fell in love with her stamps and love using them on my layouts.  Thank you for having me!!

 I’m sharing my first layout today, and I used the cute heart stamp from the Love Coupon Stamp Set.




I wanted to create lots of little colorful hearts for a background design.  I pulled out some of my Distress Inks and some textured white cardstock.  Sometimes I like going for a distressed and messy look, so using these inks and the textured cardstock is perfect.  I stamped the heart multiple times in various colors, and some of them I overlapped the colors.  I then fussy cut them all out.  I was inspired by my daughter’s shirt and all the fun colors.  I tried to match them all and create a colored heart explosion.:)


I love how all the hearts turned out.  I really love how you can see the texture from the cardstock.  I like when the stamped image isn’t perfect.  I layered all the hearts in groups of the same color to create a rainbow effect.  I can’t resist a rainbow color scheme, especially when it’s in my photo!


I did a little watercolor work on the background before I glued down the hearts.  I used mostly the same color inks as I used to stamp the hearts, and I also added in some other spray inks.  I didn’t want to cover up the hearts too much, so kept most of the embellishing light and below the hearts.  I layered in two big skinny die cut hearts behind the photo and added my title on the bottom of the hearts. I added in a cute Fancy Pants flair button, but the hearts are still visible.


I created a smaller cluster under the title with some of the Fancy Pants die cuts, more washi tape, some thread and more sequins.  I did a bit of journaling underneath that.


Here you can see the work I did around the photo.  To the left, I added in matching strips of washi tape.  I just wanted splashes of color in a messy & artsy fashion, so I just layered them and tore them.  I used a few colors of thread to machine stitch for added texture and detail, and then added in a few Fancy Pants die cuts.  I found a cute Hip Kit Club puffy sticker and then added a few sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.


I stitched through my title and created a little cluster of washi tape and die cuts down at the bottom.  I love the dimension of the hearts!  You could easily do this with any stamp and any color scheme.  I love fussy cutting because then you can move it around anywhere you want.


I hope this inspires you to create a fun background design with a single stamp.  And don’t be afraid to take a little extra time to do some fussy cutting.  You don’t have to just stamp on your background paper.  The possibilities are endless!  You can check out my process video if you’d like to see how I put this layout together if you’d like.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and be sure to check out the Precious Remembrance Shop...you'll find some amazing stamps and other goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Your color choices really make this photo pop! Wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete