Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You Are So Cool / My Scraps & More

Hey there!  Today I'm sharing a layout that has a fun story behind it.  I was really excited to host the September Pass It On Challenge over on the My Scraps forums.  It's so much fun!  I chose a layout from our gallery to lift.  I chose one by the very talented Michelle Gallant.  Once I lifted her page, I sent my layout to the next person on our list.  Each person created a layout based on the one that was sent to her.  We had 13 ladies participate, and you can see ALL the layouts from start to finish HERE on the My Scraps blog!  It's really  neat to see how the layout evolved.

I used the new Shimelle line for this.  I loved that there were lots of embellishments.  This line is full of them!  I started with a white background and added some modeling paste through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.  I added in some watercolors and stamping before adding my paper layers.


Here you can see more of the textures created by the paste, papers and tape.  I love all the pretty colors in this collection!


I cut "cool" on my Cameo and combined some gorgeous glitter Thickers and some OA Mini Market stickers for my title.  I also added in a few of the Shimelle cork pieces and some flair from my stash.


Love all of these stickers and die cuts!  They all describe my daughter to a tee, and it was fun adding them in....kind of like puzzle pieces :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today...enjoy your Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This is one awesome layout Missy!! I love the photo strip look and the way you used all of the Shimelle embellishments! Definitely a new favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you rocked this line! Love the photo strip and how you placed the "puzzle pieces". Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete