Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Eeeeek!! American Crafts Guest Designer!

Hey, friends!  I can't believe I'm actually getting to make this post today...omg!  I am this week's Guest Designer at American Crafts!!  What!?!?  Yep!!  I'm beyond excited to share some fun Haunted Hollow projects with you!  I was so thrilled when I was asked to do this, and I'm very happy with how all of my designs turned out.

Thank you so Paige and the rest of the team for having me!

I knew I wanted to use this spider web die cut on one of my layouts.  I decided to cut three in different sizes.  I used mostly the 6x6 paper pad for this and backed each opening with a different patterned paper.  It took some time....not gonna lie....but I love the end result!  I also added some gesso and watercolor to my background.


Here's a close up of one of the webs.  This was really fun to create!


My next layout features my lovely little daughter, AKA The Hulk.  Haha!  If you know her, then you know this costume suits her perfectly.  I love how the bold orange and black background papers really allow the purple & green in the photos to pop.  I added some gesso to the background to make the black a little foggy here and there, and then I added some modeling paste through a stencil and added watercolor for interest.  I used a lot of the stickers in the collection on this page.  They're so cute and fun!


I love tearing the edges of my patterned paper.  I just like the uneven look of it.  And for my "Hulk" cut, I combined a few letters from different fonts to create it.


I think I'm becoming more and more obsessed with die cuts these days!  This one is from The Cut Shoppe.  I love the overlapped circles & hearts, and I knew it would make these sweet photos of Reese stand out.  I didn't want to make a scary page, so this helped sweeten it up!  I filled in a few of the circles and embellished with the wood veneer, die cuts and stickers.  I did add some gesso and watercolor to my background (surprise...haha).  I also added lots of stitching.


Here you an see the paste and watercolor in the background.  These glitter Thickers are so pretty in person...very sparkly!  I adhered them to a light colored piece of patterned paper to make them stand out more.


I used some fun orange thread here and some black thread for around the edges.  And I added some orange ink to the edge of this round wood veneer...you can do a lot with those.


Here's the card I made.  I used papers from the 6x6 pad and cut them into oblong triangles and stitched them down.  I added the full moon die cut and the fun Happy Halloween banner die cut.  And lots of stitching :)  I love how this turned out.


Lastly, I created a few home decor frames.  The stickers and tags are really easy to use for something like this.  These add a festive kick to any shelf during October, and you can easily do this with a Christmas line or Fall line...and change them out each season!  These are 5x7 frames, and it took me no time at all to embellish these.


I am so honored to be on the AC blog today sharing these projects!  I had a blast creating them, and I hope you've gained some inspiration from them somehow.  Thanks again for having me!

And in case you missed my earlier post, I made The Cut Shoppe Design Team!  Yay!  You can see the full post, some of my sample layouts, and the rest of the team HERE...or just scroll down to my previous post :)

Thanks for looking, and have a GREAT day!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the guest DT!!! Fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh CONGRAT!!!! seriously love all your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Congrats on the AC guest spot, Missy! You really did an amazing job with the Haunted Hollow collection, and all of your projects are so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! And you're right your layouts are all stunning. Way to go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous and congrats on your guest spot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are absolutely amazing!!! Seriously, you blow me away with your talent! Thank you for guest designing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats and totally deserved, love your creating. Looking forward to being on the CREATE team with you, maybe your mad mixed media skills will rub off on me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS on being a guest designer! You totally deserve it! Your layouts are fantastic and you totally knocked it out of the park!!! Way to go, Missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Missy, i just love you halloween page....can you tell me what compagny is the web die you used....Please Please Please.....i really need it know....thank you so mutch....

    ReplyDelete