Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween with My Mind's Eye!

I hope you're having a great Halloween!  I love seeing everyone's kids dressed up on Facebook...such fun and creative costumes out there!  I am up on the My Mind's Eye blog today with two Halloween layouts.  I couldn't resist making a few pages with the new Frightful collection.  I love that it's classic Halloween patterns and colors.

This first page focuses on photos from my oldest daughter at her school's Fall Festival a few years ago.  I used a square punch to create lots of patterned paper squares.  I stitched around the edges of most of them and then just layered them in a staggered fashion behind my photos.  I only needed a few embellishments to finish it off, and I added some messy stitching around the edges.


I love this fun banner.  I anchored it with two black enamel dots and layered my die cut title above it.  Here you can also see some of the modeling paste I used on the background.


These little squares layered together really nicely.  Stitching adds so much texture and fun to layouts...I can't get enough of my machine!


This collection has enamel bats!  Yes!  Super adorable.  The chipboard pieces are also really cute, as well as the embellishment stickers.  And.....more stitching :)


My second layout showcases my other little stinker.  She was Wonder Woman a few years ago.  I love that her cape is totally crooked in these pictures, hence the title of this page :)  She was running around all over the place and didn't seem to care one bit about her twisted costume. 

I started with white cardstock and a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I backed it with lots of patterned paper and then stitched in between each chevron.  This pattern reminded me of super heroes and the waves that come off their gadgets when they're zapping a bad guy :)  I layered my photos on top of more patterned papers and used a fun chipboard frame on top of one photo.  I had to add in some gold Thickers at the top.


I hope I never run out of this Gold Decorative Tape....omg.  It's so gorgeous, and I really have to restrain myself from sticking it on everything I see!  I love the dimension created here with all the layers.  Pop dots make this happen!


I had that black cardstock circle piece cut out from a previous project, so I made it work on this layout.  I used some of the Alpha & Word Stickers from the Necessities line for the second part of my title and added a fun brad and die cut.


More fun die cuts and bats...it's so fun tucking these fun pieces in here and there to finish off a page.


I hope you have a great Halloween and a great weekend!  So glad you stopped by today.  Thank you so much!

4 comments:

  1. So very cute! I wish I could work with MME like you do! I never seem to work well with their papers anymore...but you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Halloween layouts, Missy!! You rocked the MME and I love the way you used the cut file on your second layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunning page!! I had to go back and look at it again ... it's perfect!! Love all the different patterned papers and the stitching!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning, Missy! You totally rocked the MME and that cut file!!

    ReplyDelete