Monday, October 27, 2014

We're So Corny / Chickaniddy Crafts

Happy Monday, friends!  Hope you had a great weekend :)  Today, I'm sharing my take on the October sketch on the Chickaniddy Crafts blog.  It went up last week, so be sure to check it out!  I really love working with sketches.  For me, they usually inspire me to create a project I wouldn't have come up with on my own.  Here's my take on this month's sketch using the gorgeous Scrumptious collection.


Supplies Used:  SC140S05 Hay Ride, SC140S08 Friends and Family, SC140S04 Back to School, SC140S02 Home Sweet Home, SC140S06 Autumn Haze, SC140S01 Fall Bouquet, SC140S10 New Harvest, SC14EB02 Sticker Sheet, SC14EB02 Alpha Stickers, SC14EB04 Die-Cut Tags, SC14EB08 Mini Brads, SC14EB09 Enamel Stars, SC14EB03 Journal Tags, SC14EB05 Mini Sticker Banners, SC14EB06 Mini Sticker Tags, SC14EB07 Mini Sticker Sentiments; Other--cardstock, watercolors, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, thread, sewing machine, Stampabilities Ink.

I decided to use three photos and one of the Die-Cut Tags that is perfect for journaling.  I really wanted to find a way to use those adorable corn stickers, so I scrapped these "corny" selfies of me, my sister and my parents!  This was their first time taking selfies, so they were quite intrigued...haha!  I used quite a bit of the Scrumptious collection for this...little bits and pieces of almost all of it.  I wanted to tie in more of that beautiful light blue tone, so I added some watercolors to my cardstock background.

Using gesso is a great idea for toning down a busy background.  I simply used my finger to smudge some around my background papers, and once it dried, I added some orange watercolor.  I like that it separates the busy stripes from the photo and the stickers.  These stickers are so great for layering, and I just love all the gorgeous bright colors!


Aren't these enamel stars so cute?!  I used one here on top of my layers.  I sort of went thread and stitching crazy... :D  I also added some yellow watercolor to that big banner piece.


Another close up of the layers, watercolor and stitching.  I really love how this turned out!


I hope this inspires you to use a paper or sticker in a way that it wasn't intended...like I did with this fun corn!  Happy Scrappin'!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This layout is so fun, Missy!! The b&w photos look awesome with the bright Chickaniddy papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable page, and I love the cute title!

    ReplyDelete