Sunday, January 9, 2011

ScrapFIT #35 and a Cute Lil' Birdie

I completed ScrapFIT's Workout #35...and it was harder than it sounded! The instructions were to create a layout using only scraps (which I have a lot of). It was hard, though...trying to find just the right papers in the right sizes. I managed to do it, and it turned out kind of cute :) It's a picture of Paige from last December, doing her "lip check." She had a cute habit of touching her lips with her fingers, kind of like she was making sure they were still there!

I added some blue stitching...even that was a scrap piece I had in my stash.


These butterflies were cut from a piece of scrap paper, too. I coated them in Glossy Accents and then heated them with my gun, and they curled up when they dried. I love how they look like they're in flight!


Here is another one I threw together. She has on a snowman shirt, and I debated about whether or not to make this one a Christmas page. I decided against it, and went with the jungle/nature theme. I pulled out my new Live Simply cartridge and cut these adorable birds! Aren't they so cute? From there, it became a "birdie" layout...totally unrelated to the snowman shirt. I love the result! I always tend to let the colors in the pictures dictate the papers and colors I use.


A close up of one birdie...


And the other one...

8 comments:

  1. missy those are so darn cute!!! Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they both have so much dimention to them...they are gorgeous :) and your blog is too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations!!! Love the birdnest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layouts.....love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Love all the details on these los!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, so, so, SO cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, these arelovely!!so cute...love the birds!

    ReplyDelete