Monday, December 30, 2019

XOXO Photo Stories / Shimmerz Paints

Happy Monday, friends!  The last Monday of the decade...wow!  I'm here today with a new layout for Shimmerz Paints featuring a whole bunch of Shimmerz goodness :)  I based my color scheme on the colors from the Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable collection.  I wanted to enhance all those pretty flowers and also pull in some of the grey and black elements.

I started with smooth white cardstock as my base.  I used a brayer to apply some black acrylic paint onto the background.  Once that dried, I scraped on some white gesso in all the places where I planned to add Shimmerz.

I used the following Shimmerz:



I very carefully started adding color by spraying it or painting it with a brush in separate areas.  Here in this area I used the Plum Crazy and Pip Pip Cherry-O.  They blend well together, but I wanted them to be a little bit separate.  They match this collection perfectly, and the embellishments I added coordinated so well.  Here I used some die cuts and clear stickers.  Since there is a bit of peachy orange in the collection, I tucked in some orange thread here for added color & texture.


I hadn't played with a lot of black in a while, so this made things interesting.  I love how the Miner Miner 49er shines right off the black!  So pretty.  The blue here is Deep Blue Sea.  I added some patterned papers behind my photo to create some layering.


For this area, I mixed O Say Can U Sea, Well Blue Me Down & It's Mint to Be.  This is where the bulk of the embellishing is...lots of beautiful floral die cuts and stickers, some clear leaf stickers, some word stickers.  I also fussy cut this "photo stories" piece from a sticker and popped it up using adhesive foam.


Aren't these colors just delicious?  As soon as I pulled this collection out I knew exactly what Shimmerz colors would match perfectly.


Here is a mix of Peachy Keen and Mango Tango.  Also a hint of Sweetheart.


This purple butterfly matched Plum Crazy so well.  The Inkingz have such a gorgeous shimmery finish.



The only thing that isn't from Cocoa Vanilla here is the XOXO.  Those are some older Thickers from my hoarded stash :)  I angled my journaling under the title here using a black Sharpie.



I had a lot of fun getting messy making this layout!  I hope it inspires you in some way.  How often do you use black on your background?  I love how this turned out.  Be sure to check HERE for the process video.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and HAPPY 2020!!


No comments:

Post a Comment