Thursday, December 26, 2019

Love / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  This is my first page using the 2019 December Hip Kits.  I had to fussy cut this gorgeous wreath as soon as I saw it.  It's from Pretty Little Studio, and the colors & details are so beautiful.  I used a sheet of the Coastal cardstock as the background, and I added some of the Lindy's Magical Powders to create some pretty watercolor effects.


Fussy cutting is a great way to create dimension.  Leaves and flowers are my favorite because it just brings them to life.  I did have to use a craft knife to carve out some of the inner pieces, and I just love the results.  I used a few of the exclusive Pocket Life cards as layers behind my photo.


I added in some extra flowers and leaf sprigs from the exclusive die cut pack.  There are a zillion pieces in there!  I just kept adding and tucking here and there...so perfect for this wreath.


Here are more of the die cut bits.  I went very simple with the title...I used one of the soft metallic copper Thicker words.  I also tucked in some colored thread in a few places for added texture and color.


To create the background, I first used white gesso.  I used my fingers to smudge a giant gesso circle behind the wreath.  My fingers are the best tool to use to create that hazy cloudy edge.  Once it dried, I used the Lindy's Powders from the Color Kit...Andrea's Azalea and Jana's Jade.  I wet my brush and gently dipped it into the powder.  I added a few layers of color around the circle.  I also used a few gelatos from my stash to smudge in a few darker areas.


I love how these colors really enhance the colors in the wreath.  I didn't want to make the background too dark.  I want the background to compliment the wreath and not compete or take away from it.  I did add some adhesive foam under the wreath to pop it off the page.


I also splattered some of the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray from the November Kits for some extra shine.


 

I hope this inspires you in some way!  I had a lot of fun making it.  The wreath pretty much made the design for me.  There is a process video up over on the Hip Kit Channel if you're interested :)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Missy,
    I absolutely love all your scrapbook layouts and ideas. I have followed you for quite some time and would like to try Gesso in my layouts. I am just inquiring if the Acrylic white gesso is the same White gesso? I've been trying to read and figure out if all gesso is acrylic. Thanks for any help on this. Tammy

    ReplyDelete