Monday, December 2, 2019

Joy / Pinkfresh Studio December Challenge

Another Monday is here...already!  Where is the time going?!  The Pinkfresh Studio December Challenge is up over on the blog, and I wanted to share it with you along with the layout I created for it.  It's all about the holidays, and all of the festive colors are in the Home For the Holidays collection.


I used all the pretty colors as well as the Home For the Holidays collection.  This Christmas Tree cut file is available HERE.   I decided to shrink the trees down and I cut two of them.  Instead of backing them with patterned paper, I used the Liquid Watercolors.  I mixed a few blues and greens together on some white cardstock and used that to back the trees.  I backed the small ornaments and candy canes with papers.  I also used a lot of the Liquid Watercolors on the background.  I tore a big chunk of patterned paper to go across the top of the background and then smudged a lot of white gesso over a big area of it as well as the white cardstock.


I fussy cut a lot of these cute little trees from another patterned paper to layer around the cut file trees.  I popped a lot of these images up off the page using adhesive foam.  I just had to add in this adorable little deer puffy sticker :)


I used lots of the blue Liquid Watercolors here on the background.  To get the white, I watered down some white acrylic paint and used a brush to splatter it around.  I also smudged a little bit of it on the trees to add some "snow."  I tucked in some blue thread and added some yellow enamel dots from the collection.


I love this big "joy" puffy sticker...it was perfect for the title.  It was just the right size and color.  I added a "filled with wonder" sticker over it, and again, it was the perfect pop of blue for this area.  My journaling fit perfectly under the title area.  I used a gold metallic pen.


I love mixing nontraditional colors with reds and greens like this.  It still has the Christmas vibe, but it's just a little more festive, I think :)  I did add some gold ink splatters at the end because I think all holiday pages should have some sparkle :D


I tucked in a little more thread here on the left side and added a "Merry" epoxy sticker.


Here are more close-ups...



I love the texture of torn paper :)


I hope this inspires you to play along with us this month!  Go HERE to see the other inspirational projects from the DT.  You should join in because you could win a $50 Gift Card to the Pinkfresh Studio Store!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment