Friday, December 20, 2019

Make it Merry / Paige Evans DT


Hey, friends!  Happy Friday!  I'm here today with a fun and festive Christmas layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Truly Grateful collection.  As soon as I saw her Lightstrand Border Cut File I knew I had to use it for a holiday page.  I cut the lights on textured white cardstock and backed them using several papers from Truly Grateful.  I love that this cut file gives you the opportunity to create a rainbow color scheme!  I wanted to create a mixed media background on smooth white cardstock, so I used several shades of green Shimmerz sprays to give the illusion of a tree.




I coated most of the background with clear gesso first and then added the sprays.  The bright lights just pop right off the page against the greens.  To create dimension, I added adhesive foam behind all the lights.  I used a few birds from the Truly Grateful Stickers and Ephemera Die Cuts in a few places.  They just give such a great Christmas vibe!




I added lots of leaves and flowers from the Truly Grateful Floral Die Cuts to create a little cluster on the right side of the page.  I also fussy cut a few flowers from the 6x8 Paper Pad and Paper 02.  I mixed and matched my title using some of the Truly Grateful Thickers and the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers.   I love how colorful the title turned out.




I couldn’t resist using this “Be a Light” piece from the Ephemera Die Cuts.  This page is all about the lights, so it was perfect.  I tucked in a few more flowers here under the photo for a few more pops of color and detail.   Lastly, I tucked in some coordinating colors of tangled thread and sprinkled some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine around the page.



I went light on the embellishing since the background and lights created such a fun design element.  I didn't want to add too much more to make it too crowded.  Sometimes less is more :)


I never would look at this collection and think of Christmas, but it's actually great for just that!  I love using ALL the colors, and these lights give you the perfect opportunity to make a rainbow-themed Christmas page.  No colors are off limits :)  I used a gold metallic pen for my journaling to add a bit more shine.


A few more close-ups of all the colors, textures, details and dimension :)




I hope this inspires you to create a Christmas or holiday layout using products not designed for that.  It's always a fun challenge to use a collection in a surprising way. 

I'm still waiting for my YouTube channel to be fixed....grrrrrr.  Google is in no hurry.  I'm trying to be patient, but good grief!  I'll keep you posted :)

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment