Thursday, January 2, 2020

Stay Cozy / Hip Kit Club

Happy New Year, friends!  2020...unbelievable!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 December Hip Kits, and I went a little star crazy :)  I couldn't resist fussy cutting out all these beautiful stars from Crate Paper.  I also added some starry texture to the background using the star stencil from the Color Kit.  I felt like creating a big star cluster, so that's what I did.


I used a light grey Heidi Swapp paper as my background, and I coated a lot of it with white and clear gesso.  I scraped modeling paste over the stencil and let it dry.  It created some amazing rough and bumpy texture!  Next, I used a few blue shades of Lindy's Magical Powders & Starburst Sprays.  I used the Jana's Jade from the Color Kit and a few others from past kits.  I also splattered some of the Gold Glitter Spray from last month's kit.


I layered and overlapped the stars.  I added some adhesive foam behind some of them to create some depth.  I also added in more stars...some of the Crate Paper Chipboard pieces and some puffy ones from the Thickers sheets.  There are also a few stickers from the exclusive sticker sheet.


I wanted to keep the bottom part of the layout a little cleaner, so I only added a few things.  I added a small title and a few die cuts & stickers.  You can see how they're popped off the page...I used adhesive foam.  The space between the bow and the stars was perfect for my journaling.


I added in some darker teal thread in a few places for more color and texture.


I created a little star cluster to the right of the photo along with more thread.


I couldn't resist tucking in this cute little fox sticker.  This "together" sticker is from Pretty Little Studio.


One more close-up here...


Have you started creating with your December Kits yet?  They really are beautiful.  I love how this layout came together, and I hope it inspires you in some way!

There is a process video for this up on the Hip Kit YouTube Channel.  My personal channel is STILL DOWN.  The latest update is that Google is in the process of transferring my content into a new channel.  So as soon as I know more, I'll let you know :)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: