Saturday, November 30, 2019

Christmas Holidays / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 November Hip Kits & December Documented Kits.  There are a ton of exclusives this month.  I started this page with all those little die cut trees from the Color Kit.  They come white, so I used lots of the Lindy's Stamp Gang products to color them.  I used a mix of the red, pink and green that come in the kits this month as well as the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter spray.  It's almost identical to Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine, so YAY for that!

I used white cardstock as my background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I pulled out some blue Lindy's sprays from older Color Kits to create the blue on the background.  I also splattered some watered down white acrylic paint to create "snow" and more of the gold spray.


I did add gesso to the trees before adding color.  It just allows for more blending and shading.  I mixed in a little white paint also before they dried.  I really love how these turned out!  I used a big chunk of the large gold glitter scalloped ribbon here as well, and I stitched through it using gold thread.  The kits also contain a set of holiday die cut frames from Pretty Little Studio.  I didn't use the actual frame, but I fussy cut this tree & flowers from one.


There is an entire pack of beautiful die cut flowers...lots of poinsettias.  I created dimension here by adding adhesive foam behind the photos and tucking in some thread.


I love using nontraditional colors for Christmas pages.  Too much red and green gets overwhelming for me, so I like to use them sparsely.  Also, using different shades of those colors helps a lot.


This Christmas piece here is actually from a die cut.  I just fussy cut around the edges and mixed it with some of the exclusive puffy word stickers.  The Holidays alphas are actually black, but I painted them with white gesso and then added some of the Gold Glitter spray.  I stitched through it once it was dry.  I added a few more stickers under the photo and then wrote my journaling at the bottom using a metallic gold pen.


More pretty die cuts here at the top...



And one more up close photos of all the details:


I hope this inspires you in some way today :)  There are SOOOOO many things in the kits this month.  I don't think I'll ever run out!  More apologies for not having a video again...my channel is still down and being investigated.  I feel pretty lost without it.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon....this is driving me crazy!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment