Monday, November 25, 2019

Merry Christmas / Pretty Little Studio Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  I wanted to share a layout I created using Kim Watson's new Glitter and Ice collection for Pretty Little Studio.  I was so excited when she asked me to make a few projects with it, and here is the first one.  This line is full of the cutest holiday images.  I used a lot of the adorable die cut trees on this mixed media layout.

I used a light blue cardstock as my background since it would make a nice contrasting color.  I smudged a lot of white gesso down first and let it dry.  I used a few green shades of Shimmerz sprays over it.  I used Coloringz Oh Say Can U Sea and Vibez Velveteen Green.  I also splattered some watered down white acrylic paint to create the illusion of snow.  The silver splatters are Vibez Grey Flannel.


I used the Back This Font alpha cut file by Paige Evans for the word "merry," and I backed it using patterned papers from the collection.  "Christmas" is a die cut as well as all the trees.  I created lots of dimension by adding pieces of adhesive foam behind a lot of the pieces.


There are lots of metallic pieces in this collection, and this cute tree has silver dots on it.  I used a die cut frame as a layer behind the photo, and I also tucked in some blue thread.


This collection has two sets of flair, and I used a few of those on the layout.



I created a little cluster above the title using more die cut trees, a second flair button and some silver thread.  The silver snowflake clear stickers are also from this collection.  They are actually shiny and metallic, but I toned that down by smudging some white gesso over it.  I love the matte effect!


Here you can see how awesome the dimension turned out.  I really makes a big difference just by popping pieces off the page with foam.


Here are even more close-ups because I always take too many :)





I hope this inspires you to get your hands on some or all of this collection.  It's so beautiful, and there are so many pieces to choose from.  You can get it HERE.

I will have another layout using this collection coming up soon.  Again, I am so sorry there is no video for this layout.  My channel is still down due to an evil hacker.  I'll keep you posted if or when it gets fixed!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment