Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wonderful Joy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm here today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 November Hip Kits and 2019 December Documented Kit.  Man, are they gorgeous!  Almost everything is exclusive, and they are filled with gorgeous holiday goodness.  It was hard to get started because everything is just amazing.  I decided to scrap these two cute pictures of my daughter in a Santa hat.  I used a light pink patterned paper from the Main Kit as the background, and I used the two Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Powders from the Color Kit as well as the silver Nuvo Glimmer.


I coated most of the background with white gesso first and then activated the powders with water.  The colors spread around the page and created lots of different pink and red shades.  I created a fun line of ornaments spreading across the page.  I machine stitched with some gold thread.  I used some ornament stickers as well as some of the plain chipboard die cut ornaments.  I used the Moxy Embossing Powder from the 2019 December Documented Kit to create the gold ones and the silver Nuvo Glimmer to create the silver ones.


I added a title in the center above the ornaments using one of the puffy word stickers from the Embellishment Kit.  This turquoise color was perfect!  Beside each photo I created a little cluster of Christmas trees.  Some are stickers and some are die cuts.  I also used this cute Santa die cut.


I layered a few Pocket Life cards behind my photos as well as some white tissue paper.  I adhered a few chipboard snowflakes and some of the acrylic stars.  I love the dimension on those!


For this word “joy,” I used one of the exclusive stamps.  I used a gold ink pad from my stash, stamped it on some white paper and then cut it out.  Here’s a great shot of the shimmer from the Nuvo Glimmer…I just smudged the paste right onto the background.


I used a few more of the acrylic stars to top some of the Christmas trees.  I also decided to use gold on this page in addition to the silver.  I splattered the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray.


Here are some more close-ups of all the details :)


I used a gold metallic pen for the journaling here at the bottom.


I added some adhesive foam under some of the ornaments to raise them off the page.



I hope this inspires you or gives you some ideas for your November Kits!  There is SO MUCH to choose from, so the possibilities really are endless.  I’m looking forward to a month of fun holiday pages using all these goodies!  I do not have a process video for this.  If you were not aware, my YouTube channel was hacked last week and eventually taken down.  Google is working on resolving the issue, but as of right now, I don’t even have a channel.  I will resume making videos there once this is figured out.  Thank you for understanding!

Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment