Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Keepin' it Cozy / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  Before I share my project for today, I wanted to let you know that my YouTube Channel has been hacked.  I cannot log in or access it.  It's being investigated by Google as we speak, and I'm hoping that they can get this resolved.  So if you see anything strange or suspicious going on over there, please know it's not me.  The process video of this layout is over there, but be careful about watching my videos.  The hacker has removed my photo, my banner photo and has renamed the channel in a foreign language.  I'll update you when I know what's happening.

Here's my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio using the new Home For the Holidays collection.  It's so cute!  It has lots of traditional colors as well as some blues and yellows.  This cute Mistletoe Kisses cut file is available in the Pinkfresh Store.  I also used the Liquid Watercolors on this page.


I used smooth white cardstock for my background, and I coated most of it with clear gesso.  I wanted to add a light and wintry color on the background, so I mixed the Sky Blue & Aquamarine Liquid Watercolors.  When that dried, I added "snow" by watering down some white acrylic paint and splattering it down.  (Although we are in Florida and were wearing shorts in these photos...haha!)  I backed the cut file with papers from the collection, added adhesive foam behind it and tucked my photos around in a few places.  I mixed and matched the title using the white puffy alphas from this collection and the smaller green alphas from an older collection.


At first I wanted to use my photos in a strip...that's how I printed them.  But later I decided to cut them and scatter them around.  I added some dark blue thread in a few places and wrote my journaling with my metallic gold pen.


I wanted to add a frosted effect to the cut file, so I used my fingers to smudge some white gesso over the patterned papers.  I used white cardstock for the berries...I used the Candy Apple Liquid Watercolor to paint them.  I embellished around the page with Home For the Holidays stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts and epoxy stickers.


Even though I never get to experience snow where I live, it doesn't stop me from adding it my layouts...haha :)  Here you can see the awesome effects of the adhesive foam...I love that dimension and shadowing!


I used a few of the cute birds on this page.  One is a sticker and one is a puffy sticker.


I fussy cut "joy" from a patterned paper for a pop of red in this area of the page.


Even more close-ups...





That's it for this layout!  I hope it inspires you in some way...it was so fun to make.  This is a darling collection, and I hope you'll use it for your holiday projects!

I'll keep you posted on my YouTube drama....

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I just noticed that today when I went to watch one of your videos! How bizarre and what a bummer!
    Hope they get it fixed soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get it fixed soon - I seen today on my list of subscriptions & I was like what is that - did I accidentally subscribe to something then realise it was your channel. Glad you have YouTube/Google on the case & hope they sort it soon & these hackers do not mess up too much.

    BTW the layout is fabulous as usual & love the phots - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I discovered it yesterday !! I hope everything gets solved soon!!!
    Hugs from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I'm so sorry you're stuck going through this YT drama. Hopefully YT can help get things fixed up soon. This page is amazing! Your style is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh ... so that's what that mysterious subscription was! I had wondered what was going on! I hope your YT drama gets resolved ASAP! Sending you good luck vibes from Australia :)

    ReplyDelete