Tuesday, October 22, 2019

This is Real Life / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the new 2019 October Hip Kits…woo hoo!  They are full of rich colors perfect for Fall or anything, really.  I was immediately inspired by the gorgeous Pretty Little Studio floral wreath paper from the Main Kit.  I fussy cut it and then used the exclusive wreath cut file to layer over it.  I cut that on white cardstock.  I used thick white cardstock as my background, and I first added clear gesso to it.  I used the Bougainvillea Fuschia & Grab a Guy Gold Lindy’s Starburst Sprays from the Color Kit to create some beautiful watercolor areas.


I show in my process video how you can easily change up each of these colors to keep them bold and rich or make them soft and subtle.  I did a bit of both here.  I sprayed the color directly onto the paper, spritzed it with a bit of water and then used a brush to help spread the color around.  The gold splatters here are from the Glittering Gold Magical Powder from last month’s Color Kit.


Layering this cut file over the wreath created instant texture and dimension.  I love how you can see bits and pieces of the wreath peeking through the cut file.  I did add some adhesive foam behind the wreaths to give them some height.  I also layered in more leaves and flowers around the wreaths.  I used lots of the exclusive pieces…chipboard, vellum leaves, die cuts and even some that I stamped using the exclusive stamp set.

 


I layered a few Pocket Life cards behind my photo as well as some tissue paper.  I used a deep pink distress oxide to stamp these leaves…they turned out so pretty!  I stamped them onto some of the packaging from some stickers and then fussy cut them out.



I love these mix of Fall colors…the deep and rich pinks, yellows and oranges mixed with the soft blues are just perfection.


For my title, I mixed and matched some of the soft gold Thickers with the exclusive puffy orange alphas.  I had to do some trimming on the Thickers to make the letters fit together, and I wound up gluing them onto some vellum first and then fussy cutting them out.  That made it easier to move them around as individual words instead of loose letters.  And you can’t even really see the vellum at all.


I did add in some pink and blue thread in two places.  I love those pops of color and texture!


And one more for good luck :)


I hope this inspires you in some way!  I absolutely love how it turned out, and it was fun using a Fall color scheme.  I give a lot more information about the kits (especially the Color Kit) in my process video here, so be sure to check it out!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment