Tuesday, October 29, 2019

BeYOUtiful / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends! I'm back today to share a fun mixed media layout for the Paige Evans Design Team using lots of Paige’s products. I used Paige’s BeYOUtiful cut file, her Doily stencil, and lots of the Truly Grateful collection.  I am loving these deep rich colors!  This was so fun to make :)


I cut the design from Paper 21 and used Paper 10 as my background. I wanted lots of texture and color on this page so I used a few patterned papers to back the letters in the BeYOUtiful cut file. Before I glued the papers down, I added small strips of adhesive foam behind it to create dimension. Once I had my color scheme down, I began work on the background. I wanted three big texture spots on the background, so before using the Doily stencil, I smudged a lot of white gesso down. Then I placed the Doily stencil over those areas and scraped modeling paste over it using a palette knife. Once that dried, I used several Shimmerz sprays that matched the golden yellow, deep blue, and bold pink colors. I sprayed the colors right onto the paper, spritzed it with a bit of water, and used a brush to help spread the colors around.


I sorted through lots of embellishments and chose leaves from the Floral Die Cuts and I also fussy cut smaller flowers from Paper 15. Here you can see all the amazing texture and all that rich color…so good! The shadow effect from the dimension really makes this pop off the page. I added more fussy cut flowers here and then added an Epoxy Sticker along with tangled thread underneath.


I did more of the same in this area. I wanted to keep the embellishments to a minimum since the background was so textured and beautiful. I did add a matching Epoxy Sticker above the photo and I tucked in tangled thread in a few spots.


I took lots of close-ups of all the pretty textures and colors :)  Here's a good shot of the cut file's dimension.  Adhesive foam makes such a big impact!


I used some Truly Grateful die cuts here on the right side of the photo.  I overlapped this circle piece right onto the photo since it had some open space.  I like overlapping onto photos if it doesn't cover anything important or make the photo look too busy.


More dimension and texture :)  Do you ever look closely at your patterned papers to see if any images can be fussy cut?  Paige's papers always have tons of flowers that are perfect for cutting.


I wish you could touch this modeling paste!  So bumpy and cool!


And a few more...




I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next layout. It was a lot of fun to create! Have you tried Paige’s stencils yet? They make a huge impact on layouts. Give them a go! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out my process video for more details.


Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. e89af83714d902917c25883776664bfc
    numara onay
    website kurma
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 3e57a9500ad8749bcbaff2a0d36f1044
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete