Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Hard at Work / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  I'm back again today to share another new layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I mixed and matched the Office Hours and Just a Little Lovely collections again, and I just love that challenge.  I used the Floral Notebook cut file, which is available in the Pinkfresh Studio Store.  I cut it once on white cardstock, and then I altered it and removed the floral element and cut it four more times on patterned papers from both collections.

I wanted lots of layers and embellishments around the photos.  I also wanted some watercolor peeking around from behind everything.  I used the Liquid Watercolors for that.

A quick note about these photos...I was at my desk one day trying to get some projects done, and my silly child decided to sneak up behind me and start trying to smudge my glasses...haha.  She has nonverbal autism, so she has a ton of funny little quirks.  Smudging my glasses is one of them :)  She saw herself in my phone and did her sweet little wave.  I just love these memories!


I started by backing the cut file with papers from both collections.  I love this pretty floral.  I chose lots of stickers and die cuts that matched these colors.  I wanted to add in some yellow, so I started with adding it to the background.  I coated the white cardstock with clear gesso and then used the Liquid Watercolors and a brush to apply the paint.


Since I had yellow on the background, I chose some die cuts and stickers that had yellow on them.  I also really love this soft coral color mixed in....so pretty.  I did fussy cut some of these pieces from an Office Hours paper.


I used the Office Hours white puffy alphas for my sarcastic title...haha :)  I also tucked in some blue thread for some extra color & texture.  I love the fun Fabric Tags from Office Hours, too!


This cut file makes great texture!  I love this notebook edge.  I tucked in several circle elements at the top here and a "wake up & be awesome" sticker as well as more blue thread.


I love these little clocks!  It's so fun to mix and match elements....flat die cuts & stickers, puffy stickers, enamel stickers....it's all good :)


I tucked in another die cut at the top here and machine stitched through it.


Here are a few more close-up shots...



I machine stitched through my title using white thread.


I hope this inspires you today...it was so fun to make!  I love taking two completely different collections and making them work together.  I also love how this color scheme turned out.  You can check out my process video here for all the details!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment