Monday, October 7, 2019

Happy / October Pinkfresh Studio Challenge

Happy Monday, friends!  The Pinkfresh Studio October Monthly Challenge is up...woo hoo!  I played along this month, and I hope you will, too :)  This month the focus is on circles.


I love circle elements on layouts!  I pulled out several sized circle punches from my stash as well as  a mix of papers from the Just a Little Lovely and Office Hours collection.   I also punched some washi tape circles.  Have you seen the Rainbow with Splatters washi tape?  It's so gorgeous!  I stuck it to some scrap white cardstock and then punched circles from it to add in here.  I used the Liquid Watercolors on the background...I did a lot of mixing.  I wanted to created that slate bluish color, so I mixed Sapphire and Licorice with a touch of Lavendar, and I love how it turned out. 


I did coat the white background cardstock with clear gesso first before applying the watercolor.  This allowed the blue and black to blend together and spread across the page instead of just soaking through the paper immediately.  I decided to distress the edges of most of the circles with an edge distresser (you can also use scissors).  I then added adhesive foam behind them to pop them up off the page.


I used two cute color photos of Reese that matched the colors really well.  I popped them up using adhesive foam as well and then added some tangled thread underneath.


I decided to go tone-on-tone with the embellishments, which means I used matching colors of stickers for each circle.  Blue on blue, orange on orange.  I used a mix of die cuts and puffy stickers from both the above mentioned collections.


I used this large puffy title sticker from Just a Little Lovely.  I wanted it to stand out a bit more, so I stuck it to some vellum and then cut it out.  I love how it brings some yellow and orange down to the bottom part of the layout.


I love this rough edge texture!  Here are lots of more close-ups of all the details :)






I hope this inspires you to join in the challenge this month!  You can find it HERE.

Here's my video with all the details of how I put this page together:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment