Friday, May 13, 2016

Wild Thang / Bella Blvd May Sketch

It's Friday...woo hoo!  Today I wanted to share the May Sketch over at Bella Blvd and the layout I made using it.  The sketch leaves lots of room for a creative background.




I pulled several different pieces from various collections for this page.  I didn't use a lot of patterned papers...just a few strips from Color Chaos and Just Add Color, and one of the 3x4 cut apart cards from Color Chaos.  I created a fun and colorful mixed media background using watercolor spray inks and distress inks with a heart stencil.  I used some of the big Amorie Alpha Chipboard for my title and did some rainbow machine stitching through it.

These pictures crack me up.  Paige had a huge bruise on her head from banging it on the floor in one of her temper tantrums, and she was making some silly goofy faces in the tub.  She's definitely a wild child...haha!  This cut apart card fits her perfectly!


I distressed a piece of black paper to put behind this since there was so much color on it.  I wanted it separated from the colorful background to make it stand out a little more.  I stitched around it for added detail.  I also used some of the washi tape from Wild Things.


I love that you can stitch through these chipboard letters!  I used lots of different colors here, and I love how it turned out.  I added some extra black thread behind them to make them stand out against the pink paint.  My journaling fit perfectly here under the title.  I used a few different Tiny Text alpha stickers to make "WiLD" on top of the photo.


I added more washi tape here as well as some stickers and enamel hearts.  These enamel hearts come in almost every color, and I could stick them on everything!  They are the perfect little accent.


Here's one more look at the right side.  More washi tape, enamel hearts and tangled thread.  And that crazy face...haha!


I'd love to see you use this sketch for a layout...it's really fun, and you can get creative and use three photos or two like I did.  Sketches are great for jumping off points.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment: