Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Happy Mother's Day / Simple Stories + Petaloo

Hey there, and Happy Tuesday!  I have a new layout to share today for Simple Stories.  This week, some of the team members are teaming up with Petaloo for a Product Swap.  I used a few of their different pretty floral products on my layout here.  I used the new Sunshine & Happiness collection from Simple Stories, and let me tell you, it is GORGEOUS!  Probably one of my favorite Simple Stories collections ever.

I cut a strip of white cardstock to add to the center of this pretty floral paper.  I had a strip of cute photos from Mother's Day 2012, and all the flowers in the background were perfect for this layout.  I fussy cut a lot of big flowers from another patterned paper and layered them behind my photo strip.  I added some white gesso to my background.  You can see how some of the flower paper is kind of faded.  This allowed my watercolors to blend and smooth easily.  I used lots of Shimmerz sprays to create all that yellow, orange and pink watercolor.  I layered in some of the Petaloo flowers under my photo strip.


Aren't these colors just delicious?!  These big flowers were easy to fussy cut, and they look great layered up like this.  I added some of the bright pink Petaloo flowers, and I love how they look peeking from behind the pictures.  I also added some light blue tangled thread for added color & texture.


Here you can see the watercolor and the machine stitching.  I love this pretty pop of light blue among all the bright warm colors.  Again, I tucked in more Petaloo flowers and added a fun stem right on top.  The green pulls the natural greens from the photos.


I used some stickers here to create this cute little cloud & sun at the top of the page.  There are always so many fun little sticker elements in the Simple Stories collections.  They're perfect for embellishing like this.


I combined one of the die cuts from the Bits & Pieces pack with some of the Snap Light Alphas to create my title.  I have been waiting for the perfect collection to scrap these photos, and this was definitely it!


Make sure you check the Simple Stories Blog each day this week to see more inspiration from the team using the new collections and Petaloo flowers!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Missy...this is gorgeous! Love the mixed media work. You MUST do a video for each layout you create. Would have loved seing your process with this one.

    Regards,

    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the water colors and how they blend so well with those beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete