Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

Hey, friends!!  It's National Scrapbooking Day...or as my husband calls it..."Everyday"....haha!  There are TONS of things happening all over, and I'm a part of a few of them.  I wanted to share some of the events going on in case you'd like to check them out.

First up is over at Hip Kit Club.  There is an ALL WEEKEND LONG Crop going on.  It just started this morning, and here's the line-up.  Every hour & a half, a new challenge will go up on the Hip Kit Member Forum from one of the Design Team Members.  If you take part in any of the challenges, upload your layout to that particular challenge thread.  You could win a $10 gift certificate to the store, and there's even more surprises in store!  So go check it out.


Here's a sneak peek of my Stencils challenge coming up later this afternoon!



Over at The Cut Shoppe, you can pick up this FREE Cut File!  If you go to the blog HERE, you can download it for FREE.  There are lots of Design Team layouts to check out over there for inspiration as well!



What would a Scrapbooking holiday be without a giant SALE?!  That's right...50% off TODAY ONLY in the Etsy Store!  Use the code NSD50 and stock up on some of those cut files you've been wanting.  Or you could get Ashley's NEW Snapshots digital/printable collection!  It's so gorgeous!




Here is one of my favorite layouts I made using one of my all-time favorite cut files...the Open Letter Alpha set.  I wanted to share one of my favorite die cutting tips with you.  It's also an easy one...it's using lots of patterned papers to back the open spots of a cut file.  These letters make it so easy, and you can get lots of different patterns & colors on your page by doing this.  I used four different papers to back the letters.  This way I get small pieces of each of those papers and it doesn't get too busy or overwhelming.  You can also use a photo if you've got the right shape.  The letter "a" was open enough for my photo to fit nicely in there.



Bella Blvd is celebrating today as well.  Every hour a new Design Team layout will be going up on the blog.  These layouts are all about each designer.  There are several up already, and they are amazing!  And there are GIVEAWAYS....woo hoo!



Here's a sneak of my layout going up later today!


I hope you get lots of scrappin' done today...I'm about to get going here!  Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment