Monday, July 20, 2020

Just Hangin' / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm so excited to share my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio because I just love it so much!  Surprise surprise...another rainbow page...haha :D  I can't help myself.  This layout was inspired by the 3x4 rainbow card that is part of a 12x12 patterned paper in the Let's Stay Home collection.  I wanted to use it as a starting point to extend the rainbow using inks and watercolors.

I first coated the white cardstock background with clear gesso.  I decided where the card was going to go and then used a pencil to lightly draw the rainbow arcs on both sides of the card.  I used the Mini Ink Cubes to add color.  I just scraped each color right onto the paper and then used a water brush to lightly add water and make the inks run and blend.  I added a bit of the Liquid Watercolors as well to tweak the colors.  Once that dried, I machine stitched through each arc using matching thread. 


I added some sparkle to the rainbow with the Essentials Jewels Mix...these are beautiful flat-backed rhinestones that are the perfect little embellishment.  I matched up the colors and glued those down.  Each color has three different sizes.  I added a blue card behind the rainbow card here and distressed the edges.  I also added adhesive foam underneath to raise it up off the page.


I used the Intricate Mandala Die here.  I cut it on a yellow patterned paper and tucked in two of those.  I went through all the Let's Stay Home stickers and die cuts and used some of those in various places.  I tucked in some tangled thread in matching colors as well.


Ahhhh this just makes me happy!  Rainbows...watercolor...sparkly jewels...my favorite!


I went back and forth with what to add to the open area of the photo here.  I finally settled on this Slow Days die cut.  I actually trimmed it and cut it apart so I could rearrange it for the space here.  I didn't want it too close to her face, so I ran it off the side of the photo.  I created another little cluster here with more stickers as well as some small hearts that I fussy cut from a patterned paper.


I decided to give the rainbow a little bit of a sky, so I again used the Mini Inks and Liquid Watercolors to do that.  I thought the big yellow die piece resembled a sun :)  I free hand cut some cute wonky clouds and popped them up with adhesive foam.  I also added a touch of the watercolor to the edges.


I love how the rainbow extends from the card.  Do you ever get inspired by a single piece on a patterned paper?  Or a die cut?  That is where most of my ideas are generated.  I see one thing and think, "how can I use watercolors or inks to enhance this?"  And thus this rainbow was born :)


I used the small puffy alphas to created my title.  I used pink and light blue since I had yellow and dark blue here in this area.  I used a gold metallic pen for my journaling.


Here are a few more close-ups because I always take a lot :)




I love this Mandala Die...so pretty and detailed!  It  makes a great layer, and in this case....a great sun!




I hope this inspires you in some way today and gives you some ideas to try on your next project.  If you're struggling to come up with an idea, look closely at your papers & embellishments.  See if there's something that sparks interest and build from that.  This entire page started from that little 3x4 rainbow card!

Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment