Saturday, July 25, 2020

Cut to You Anniversary YouTube Hop / Love Our Crazy Life

Happy Weekend...yay!  I am sharing another layout today that I created for the Cut to You Anniversary YouTube Hop.  Thank you to Gwen again for having me!  Don't forget that throughout July, you can get 20% off anything in the store using the code CELEBRATEMISSY



I used the Love Our Crazy Life cut file.  This cut file is perfect if you are struggling to come up with an idea because it gives you the exact spot for a photo.  I cut the design on textured white cardstock first.  I decided to go with a rainbow color scheme (surprise...haha), and so I sorted through some random bits and scraps I had lying around.  I used some Project Life cards, a Vicki Boutin paper, some Heidi Swapp 6x6 papers, and a few from Webster's Pages.  I traced all the letters onto papers and then cut them out.  I wound up adding adhesive foam behind the cut file to raise it up and gluing the letters flat to the background.


I used thick smooth white cardstock as my background, and I coated it with clear gesso.  I lightly traced around the edges of the cut file so I knew where it was going to be.  I used a rainbow variety of Distress Oxides to create the color.  I lightly scraped each color along the tracing of the heart and then spritzed it with water.  I used a brush to help spread the colors and blend them together.  Once that dried, I used a very old thin lined stencil with some modeling paste to create some subtle texture over the colors.  Here you can see the dimension from popping the cut file up...I love that effect!


I embellished with a few fussy cut flowers, some Vicki Boutin die cuts, a piece I cut from a Paige Evans paper, and even some Heidi Swapp heart stamps.  I stamped those onto some scrap white cardstock and then cut them out.


I placed some of the stamped hearts inside the cut file hearts.  I went back and forth trying to decide what to put there and finally decided on these.  I used a black fine tip Sharpie for my journaling.


I dug through a bag of random papers and things that I had on a shelf and found all these goodies I used.  I thought these watercolor flowers were so pretty, so on a whim they made it onto the page.  I also used some matching threads in a few places.


Ahhhhh texture and color...my favorite!  Something as simple as skinny lines can make the coolest results.  I think this was the first stencil I ever bought and to this day it's probably the one I've used the most over the years.  I think it's from Crafter's Workshop.  I got it at a local scrapbook store that closed years ago.  I wound up adding some Maggie Holmes clear stickers in several places, and these black hearts were cut from a Kaiser Craft paper.


I really love how the background turned out.  It is time consuming sometimes to add adhesive foam to back of things, especially something like this because there are so many skinny areas.  But the result is worth it to me.  I love how this looks.


I added some black splatters at the end...some of them spread a bit once they hit the lines.


To add splatters of each color, I used Shimmerz sprays that matched the oxides.  What I didn't plan on was the inks pooling around some of the lines.  I actually love the effect of that even though it was an accident!  I think it adds to the interest a lot.


Here are a few more close-ups of everything :)




 I hope this inspires you today!  Be sure to visit the Cut to You store and check out Gwen's cut files!  I promise you will love them!  Use CELEBRATEMISSY when you check out to get 20% off through the end of July.  Even if you don't have a way to cut these digital files, Gwen will cut them for you and send them!  Great deal!

Here's my process video for this:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment