Saturday, July 4, 2020

Homebody / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today :)  I used the 2020 June Hip Kits, and I went a little stamp crazy.  There are a total of three exclusive stamp sets in the kits, and I used these adorable houses to create my own patterned paper background.  There is a ton of the new Let's Stay Home collection from Pinkfresh Studio, which is perfect for scrapping all your lockdown photos :)

I used textured white cardstock as my background, and I first coated it with clear gesso.  I used three different house stamps from the Stamp Kit with all three colors of the Color Philosophy Ink Pads from the Color Kit.  I used my water brush to blur the ink and make it bleed and spread.  I am loving this effect!  It looks like my page was left in the rain, and it's so neat!


This technique looks complicated, but it really is easy.  If you can stamp, you can do this.  The key is using gesso and small amounts of water.  I wanted to blend the ink, but not so much that the shape of the houses was lost.  I went through all the kit contents and chose items that were blue, pink or orange.  I used a lot of these cute exclusive vellum hearts.  I did back them with white cardstock to make them less transparent and then popped them up with adhesive foam.


I fussy cut "together" from a Pocket Life card.  I love how it looks on the white background...white on white.  Subtle yet still visible.  I used a piece that I cut from a Stamp Market paper also for the date and place.  I trimmed off the pink parts because I felt that it sort of disrupted this soft white area of the layout.  I stitched through it with blue thread and then added my journaling underneath it.


Under my photos, I created a loose cluster of torn paper, stickers, stamps, sequins and a smaller secondary title.  As you can tell from the photos, we have been lazy bones for a while now...haha!  Just had to add that.  The sequins are an exclusive mix as are the stamps.  The alpha stickers are from the Pinkfresh Studio collection.


I tucked in some matching thread in a few places and added a few sequins to this side.  Behind my photos I used a few Pocket Life cards and some orange cardstock as layers.


I made a small circle cluster here at the top.  The pink circle I created using one of the stamps and the pink ink pad.  I cut it out and distressed the edges.  A very easy way to make another embellishment!  I used the "Homebody" die cut as my main title, which I overlapped onto the photo here.


Here are a few more close-ups of the details :)










I really love how this turned out, and I hope it inspires you to try this stamping technique!  I love that it's more abstract and not perfect.  Using textured cardstock adds to the imperfections, and I like that the textures show through the inks.  If you received the stamps in your kits, give this a try!  It's really fun :)

Here's my process video showing how I did this:



Thanks so much for stopping in today, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment