Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Cut to You Anniversary YouTube Hop / Silly Beautiful Girls

Hello again, friends!  I'm so excited to be part of the Cut to You 2nd Year in Business Celebration YouTube Hop!  My wonderfully talented friend Gwen owns Cut to You and creates gorgeous cut files.  When she asked to me to help her celebrate, I immediately said yes!  To follow along with the video hop, start HERE.



Throughout July, you can get 20% off of everything in the store.  Use code CELEBRATEMISSY when you check out...woo hoo!  Even if you don't have an electronic diecutting machine like a Cameo or Cricut, you can order them and have them cut & sent to you.  Gwen ships international, so anyone can purchase them.

I used the Leaf Edge cut file for my layout.  I cut it on textured white cardstock and then painted the inside leaf pieces.  I coated them with clear gesso first and then used a water brush to apply different green & blue Shimmerz sprays.  My background paper is thick, smooth white cardstock.  I also coated it with clear gesso.  I used a mix of navy blue, purple and pink Shimmerz to create a big watercolor area that would show through the cut file.


I used lots of flowers and leaf die cuts from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Bohemian Dream collection.  I decided to turn the cut file upside down so the leaves would cascade down the page.  Once I had all the leaves painted, I added adhesive foam behind them all to pop them off the page.  I glued down the actual outline of the cut file and then placed the leaves back like puzzle pieces.  I placed lots of flowers on top of the cut file.


I also fussy cut some of the flowers from patterned paper.  I love the mix of these colors against the green leaves!  I was originally inspired by this collection, which includes some navy blue.  I like how you can see some of that peeking through here.


I love how the background looks right here.  I didn't want to cover it up, so I created a small title using a chipboard piece as well as some older small white Bella Blvd alphas.  I had to glue them down since they weren't sticking to the background gesso at all.  Nothing hardly ever sticks to gesso...haha.  Older stickers definitely don't :)


I tucked in a few floral chipboard pieces on both sides of the photo and then added a few more flowers that I fussy cut.  I also used a few of the black & white phrase stickers and some matching thread in a few spots.


I pulled in some more of the navy blue in a few places with some vellum leaf die cuts.


I took a lot of close-ups, so here they are...










I hope this inspires you in some way!  I had a lot of fun making it, and I love how it turned out.  Be sure to check out the YouTube Hop all month long. You can start HERE.  Don't forget to check out the Cut to You store for a ton of gorgeous cut files...all 20% off using CELEBRATEMISSY.

Here's my video:



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day, my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment