Monday, June 8, 2020

Lazy Days / Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge

Happy Monday, friends!  I wanted to share the Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge.  It's up on the blog, and you can play along with us!  It's all about rainbow colors & die cuts or cut files.


 I used the new Let's Stay Home collection.  Look how colorful and fun it is!  I used the Floral Circles Die Set to create some circles to start.  I cut them using my manual die cutting machine.  I cut a rainbow variety of colors.  I also cut  & punched circles from other patterned papers.  There are actually a lot of circle elements in this collection, so it was perfect.  I used thick white cardstock as my background, and I coated a lot of it with clear gesso first.  I then used the Liquid Watercolors to add lots of pretty color.  I mixed the Sapphire, Lavender and Sky Blue.


I was trying to create that deep periwinkle blue color with a mix of aqua.  I love how it turned out.  When the watercolor dried, parts of it dried a lighter pinkish/purple color.  I placed all the circles along the bottom half of the page.  I added adhesive foam behind the solid circles and wound some colored thread around some of them.


I decided to use black and white photos to really allow the colors to pop.  I kept them in a photo strip.  I added some white tissue paper behind it as well as some adhesive foam.  I layered the circles all around the photos.  I used a die cut journaling piece to the right.


I went short and sweet with the title.  I added lots of color up at the top of the page using a few paper strips.  I used a variety of circle elements here as well...stickers, die cuts, enamel dots.  And thread, of course :)


Here are some more shots of all the circles...












This was my first layout using this new collection.  It's just perfect for documenting pretty much everything that has happened during the quarantine.  Plus the colors are superb!  A little bit of everything for everyone.  I hope you're inspired by this in some way...I had so much fun making it!

Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment