Thursday, April 2, 2020

Sweet / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2020 March Hip Kits and an adorable exclusive cut file.  I decided to use lots of colors, and I love how it turned out!

I started by cutting the tassels on white cardstock.  I backed them with various patterned papers in the Main Kit.  I also cut some of the loose pompoms on white cardstock and later colored them to match.  Once I had the tassels backed, I chose a light blue background.  It's a paper from Heidi Swapp.  I coated a lot of the area with white gesso and let it dry.  I pulled out a rainbow variety of Lindy's Gang Starburst Sprays from older Color Kits to color up the background.  I wanted the color to be soft and show through and around the cut file but not overpower it.


I used the same Lindy's Sprays to color the pompoms.  I used Grab a Guy Gold, Mad Hatter Mint, Hibiscus Rose, and Blue Hawaiian Blue.  I popped them all up with some dimensional foam.  I backed the oval frames with a few of the cute animals from the Jen Hadfield die cuts and stickers.


I know I say this all the time, but the effect of using dimensional adhesive is so awesome!  It just brings everything to life.


I did some fussy cutting for this as well.  I cut a few flower clusters from some Pocket Life cards to use as embellishments.


Here's another one on this side of the photo.  I also fussy cut one of the pink frames from another Pocket Life card.  I used some matching thread in a few places, and I added a cut Bloom Street butterfly sticker here.


How cute is this fox?  There are so many little animals...I want to use more of them soon.  My title is short and simple...it's from the Bloom Street Vinyl Thickers.


This llama....all the heart eyes!  I did use my black Sharpie to add some dots around the scalloped frames.  I had originally wanted to machine stitch on them, but I totally forgot to do it before I glued it all down...haha.


More Heidi Swapp stickers above the photo.


This "Oh, Hey" is a vellum sticker.  I stuck it to white cardstock and then punched it out.


This bicycle...so cute!  I fussy cut it from a Pocket Life card.  It doesn't even have anything to do with this page, but it was too precious to not use somewhere.


I used some pink and yellow embroidery thread from my stash to create a little bow on the bigger tassel cut file.


Ahhhh...there is the bicycle.  Bravo, Kim Watson, on this gorgeous design!


One more close up of the journaling area.


And that's it!  I really love how this one came out.  I hope it inspires you in some way today.  We need all the help we can get these days to inspire creativity.  Be sure to check out my process video HERE on the HKC channel.

Take care, stay healthy, and I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment