Thursday, April 9, 2020

Favorite Ride / Hip Kit Club

Hello Hello!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club :)  I used the 2020 March Hip Kits again, and I finally came up with an idea to use Bloom Street Paper 13.  It's one of those papers where you love both sides.  I used the side with all the rainbow phrase tabs.  I started by cutting them all up and arranging them into rainbow order.  I came up with this wave design, and I really love how it turned out!


I chose the Stonewash cardstock as my background because it reminds me of a sky.  And skies always go with rainbows :)  I began by lightly gluing down all the tabs in rainbow order.  I tucked the tops of each row underneath the bottom of the row above it.  Once they were all glued down, I smudged some white gesso below and above the rows.  My favorite part about these tabs is how easy it was to bend up the edges so they curled up off the page.  I did decide to do some machine stitching, and I sewed along the to of each row.  I changed out the thread to match the colors.


I layered a few patterned paper pieces and Pocket Life cards behind my photo as well as some adhesive foam.  I cut a few flowers from the other side of Paper 13 and layered them around the photo.  I also added some of the Heidi Swapp stickers down below with some puffy dot stickers and dark teal thread.


More Heidi Swapp stickers and thread :)  I used some of the Nuvo Mousse from last month's Color Kit...the light purple color.  I mixed it with some Lindy's Starburst sprays from past kits and you can see here how shimmery it is.


I added some of the Heidi Swapp arrow/chevron stickers to the rainbow.  I placed them on matching color areas and popped them up with some tiny pieces of adhesive foam.  I like how they show movement since my daughter just finished a ride on the 4-wheeler :)


I added a few of the Bloom Street butterfly stickers on matching areas.  All the white splatters are from watered down white acrylic paint.  That's my favorite way of adding white splatters because it doesn't soak through the page and disappear when it dries.


I love how the title turned out!  It's a simple one, but it worked perfectly.  I curved the "favorite" sticker from Bloom Street under the purple row...it's the perfect color for that area, too!  I added "ride" using the light blue glittery Thickers.  I added a small cluster with another fussy cut flower and some puffy stickers and thread.  I used a white gel pen to write some journaling.


Here are more close-ups :)


Texture...yessss!  I did add a bit of color on the background above the top row here.  I used more Lindy's Magical Powders from past kits...we've gotten so many that there is most definitely the perfect color to match anything at this point!


Here's a better shot at the top area.



I hope this inspires you in some way today...I really do love how this turned out.  I had been eyeing that paper for a while trying to figure out how I wanted to use it.  I do have a process video for this over on the HKC channel HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment