Tuesday, April 7, 2020

April Challenge Layout / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  Today I wanted to share the April 2020 Monthly Challenge over at Pinkfresh Studio.  We have a sketch and a beautiful color palette this month, and I created a layout to coordinate with it!  Check out the sketch:



These colors match the Noteworthy collection perfectly, so that is what I used :)  I decided to enlarge the entire design of the sketch, so I cut a big hexagon from a light blue patterned paper.  I used one of the new cut files Flowers and Leaves (available HERE) and cut three large flowers from different papers and a few leaf sprigs from white cardstock.  I used a floral paper as by background, and I covered a lot of it with white acrylic paint and then gesso.  I wanted the area all around the edges of the design to be faded with only the pattern on the outer edges showing.


I used the Liquid Watercolors to paint the leaf die cuts.  I backed the large flowers with white cardstock, which I also added gesso to.  I painted the "petals" using coordinating watercolors to make the flowers look more dimensional.  I also added watercolor on the background around the edges of the hexagon.


I love how these flowers turned out!  I dabbed a bit of the watercolor on and used my fingers to smudge it.  I wanted the centers to be darker and then fade out to white around the larger edges of the petals.  I also love how the edges of the flowers naturally just curl up, making it even more realistic.  I added some of the Noteworthy Enamel Dots to the centers of the flowers.


I used a variety of the Noteworthy pieces to embellish around the photo.  I used one of the large envelopes, some stickers, some puffy stickers, and I even dismantled a dimensional sticker and used part of it here.  I used another leaf sprig over to the left of the hexagon and topped it with a floral puffy sticker and some matching thread.


I gave the hexagon a bit more interest by stitching around the edges using green thread, and then I popped it up off the page using dimensional adhesive.  I did add some blue and yellow splatters at the end.


Dimension...woo hoo!  Yes, this will get smushed down once this page eventually goes into an album, but that's okay.  Honestly, I haven't put my pages in albums in years.  I have so many stacked in rubbermaid containers...kind of like file folder style.  I ran out of albums a long time ago, and the kind I like aren't made anymore.  So into containers they go (for now...haha)!


I used some of the puffy sticker frames around the edges of the hexagon for some tone-on-tone interest.  I used a fine tip black Sharpie to write my journaling.


Here's the other part of the dimensional sticker that I dismantled.  I just tucked these flowers behind the photo and added a small one-word title using the multi-colored puffy alpha stickers.


And a few more close-ups of all the details :)





I hope you'll join us for the challenge!  As always, there is a chance for you to win a $50 gift card to the Pinkfresh Store...woo hoo!  That's a fantastic prize!  Find the challenge info HERE.

**********************************************************************************

Also, there is a 6th Anniversary Instagram Hop going on right now, and there is a grand prize worth $250!!!  Also they're giving away SIX $60 gift cards!!  What!!  You can start over on the Pinkfresh Instagram account and then hop to each designers' pages.  You just have follow everyone, like their posts and leave comments.  Go check it out!!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment