Saturday, February 1, 2020

Paige / Hip Kit Club

It's the weekend...yay!  Here's my newest layout for Hip Kit Club :)  I used the 2020 January Hip Kits, and I am 100% in love with them!  I don't think I have ever loved a Cardstock Kit more than this month's...the colors are just beautiful.  I used Prince Charming as my background here...and it's got this gorgeous sheen to it.  It matches the Pinkfresh Studio My Favorite Story collection perfectly.

I used one of the exclusive cut files for this month as a main design element.  This floral wreath is so pretty.  I backed it with a few of the Pinkfresh Studio papers and added more floral die cuts on top of it.  To jazz up the background, I smudged white gesso behind the cut file.  I love that hazy white it creates.  I used the stencil from the Color Kit with some modeling paste behind the cut file, and I used the Lindy's Gang Magical in Plumeria Pink.  I mixed the powder with some white acrylic paint and used a brush to paint it behind the sides of the photo.


This texture is the coolest!  I especially love how the white looks on this dark blue background.  Mixing the pink powder with the paint created a chalky look.  I splattered some of the Lindy's Starburst Spray in Yellow Rose of Texas, which is from an older Color Kit.


I added some adhesive foam behind the cut file to raise it up off the page, which creates some awesome texture.




I tucked in some matching tangled thread in a few places.  I layered the cut file & a puffy sticker on top of the photo.  Since she was on the right side of the photo, there was extra space on the left for that.


Flowers are wonderful for creating dimension.  The petals are so easy to curl up like this.


I went simple with the title and just used my daughter's name.  It fit perfectly above the photo.




A few more close-ups because I always take too many :)




 I hope this inspires you today...I loved how this turned out!  I can't wait to see what you all make with your kits :)

The process video for this is up on the Hip Kit Channel HERE.

Have a great weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment