Friday, February 14, 2020

Love You the Most / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, and Happy Valentine's Day!  I have a new layout to share for <3 a="" for="" have="" href="https://www.hipkitclub.net/" i="" layout="" nbsp="" new="" share="" to="">Hip Kit Club today.  I used the 2020 January Hip Kits, and I am still loving them!  My assignment for this week was to focus on the Lucky Us paper.  I also wanted to show how you can create a "cut file" look without actually using one.  I drew all these letters and fussy cut them out.  All you need is a pencil and maybe a ruler :)

I originally started this layout with using only the blue patterned papers and the Lucky Us light pink paper.  I noticed a deep orange Pocket Life card, and I loved the mix of orange with the other colors.  I hand drew the letters and "you" and cut them out.  I sorted through my photos and found this one of me and my husband in the Bahamas...and it matched these colors PERFECTLY.  I literally gasped when I scrolled passed it because it was the exact color scheme I was working with.


I used some of the textured white cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  I coated a lot of it with clear gesso first and then added lots of bright blue color.  I used a mix of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Powders & Sprays from previous kits.  I wanted a bright bold color that would contrast against the colors in the big title.  I let it all dry and then glued down the letters.  I machine stitched through the letters and a lot down here at the bottom.


Here you can see the cardstock's texture.  I used lots of the orange elements here...some puffy heart stickers as well as some matching thread.  I added some white tissue paper and adhesive foam behind my photo.


I love this big title!  I didn't do a very good job of erasing my pencil lines...haha.  I added in a bit of the darker blue color here with some more thread.  There are so many cute little hearts in the kits this month!


Here you can see the dimension from the YOU...I added foam behind it.  I love how these hearts look tucked in here.  I added a few circle chipboard pieces on the Os.


I couldn't finish this page without adding in a few of the blue Pinkfresh Studio flowers.


Here are some more close-ups because I love taking them :)


Here's the bottom of the page...another big word sticker and a fun flower & heart cluster.  I added in a pop of orange with you guessed it...thread :D






I know I say this every time, but I really did love putting this together!  It was fun making these letters without a cutting machine.  I hope it inspires you to give it a try!

My process video for this page is HERE on the Hip Kit channel.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment