Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Love You / Pinkfresh Studio February Challenge

Happy Tuesday, friends!  The February Challenge is up over at Pinkfresh Studio, and I have a layout to share based on it :)  The theme is love, and the color scheme fits the new My Favorite Story collection.  I used one of the Fan Freebie Cut Files (available soon) to start my heart design and went from there.

I cut three of the beautiful hearts using three patterned papers.  I arranged them in a vertical line and arranged my photos around them.  I wanted to create a mixed media background, so I used thick white cardstock as my base.  I coated a lot of it with clear gesso first.  I used the Liquid Watercolors...mostly pinks with some reds mixed in.  I added a few yellow and blue splatters as well.  Once that dried, I glued down and machine stitched the hearts.



I used a brush mostly to apply the watercolor.  I also spritzed the color with water and let the colors run and blend together.  I toned down the pink by adding in a bit of red.  I also mixed in some white acrylic paint to soften it up even more.  I used lots of the floral elements from the My Favorite Story collection as well as this cute pennant Puffy Sticker.


I added some white tissue paper and adhesive dimensional foam behind my photos.  These flowers are all from the Die Cuts pack.  Some of them I fussy cut from larger cluster die cuts.  I also added in a few Enamel Dots and even some bling from the Essentials Jewels Mix.


I added more flowers down at the bottom of the page as well as more flowers.  I added a smaller secondary title with a Puffy Sticker.  I also added a chipboard frame beneath this photo.


I went with a small main title up at the top.  I used one of the scripty Puffy Word Stickers and a Chipboard Sticker.  I placed the "Love" sticker on some white cardstock first and then cut it out.  I think this makes it stand out a bit more here.


I love this photo of my daughter laughing <3 :="" a="" above="" added="" and="" cut="" die="" flowers="" here="" i="" it.="" nbsp="" of="" on="" overlapped="" p="" photo="" s="" she="" some="" sweetest="" the="" top="">

Here are a few more close-ups of all the details!






I hope this gets you excited to join in with us this month!  You can find the February Challenge HERE.  You could win a $50 Gift Card to the Pinkfresh Store...wooooooooo!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. (sorry, I leave my message as a comment because I didn't find contact form on your blog, hoping you'll see it soon.
    Please answer directly to my email address elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr).

    Hello Missy !
    I'm writting an article for the issue 85 of the french magazine called "Passion scrapbooking".
    The subject is "Scrap big !" (XL scrap layouts, big photos/titles, double-pages layouts...)
    I wish to show your creations within this article.
    (seen here : https://memorykeepingideas.com/big-letter-titles-on-layouts-scrapbook-inspiration)
    Would you agree with that ?
    If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible high resolution photos of them ?
    Of course, your name or pen name if you want will appear next to the images, and the address of your blog will be in the address book.
    Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if it is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper very soon... It should already be written, in fact)).
    If you have other layouts on this thematic to share with our readers, I would be happy to see them too. ;-)
    Best Regards,
    Elise AMANN
    PS : I'm also preparing another article, about the "cats" of the savannah (tigers, panthers, lions, leopards...).
    So, if you have layouts about this thematic that you accept to share with our readers, don't hesitate to send me photos of them ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete