Friday, January 24, 2020

Sunshine / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday, lovely friends :)  I have a new layout to share for the Paige Evans Design Team today.  I used the NEW Bloom Street collection, and it's soooooo pretty!  Just when you think you have a favorite Paige collection, BOOM she comes out with yet another one that tops the rest.  AHHHH!

I made this page using only patterned papers, a few stickers and a roll of washi tape...all from Bloom Street.  Paige sent me a few pieces of the line early to make some layouts to display at Creativation last week.  So I got busy on this one :)  I used her Butterfly Background cut file and lots of the papers.  I wanted to use lots of patterns and colors, so this was a great (and easy) way to do that.  I also used an old Martha Stewart butterfly punch from my stash to make a few more butterflies.

The background is thick white cardstock, and I coated a lot of it with clear gesso first.  I used some matching colors of Shimmerz sprays to add some color behind the butterflies. 


To add the background color, I simply sprayed the colors down and spritzed it with more water.  I let the colors spread and blend.  I also splattered the same colors using the nozzles.  I used Vibez Rip Van Periwinkle, Vibez Cotton Candy, Vibez Plum Pudding, Coloringz Well Blue Me Down & Spritz You're the Zest.  I arranged all the butterflies and glued them down.  I machine stitched through some of them using white thread.  My machine started jamming, so some of them got a little messy.


Butterflies are great to use if you like dimension...the wings just naturally want to curl up.  I just adore all of these bright spring colors!  Well done, Paige!


Bloom Street has a pack of Washi Tape, and one of them has butterflies. I rolled some of that tape onto some white cardstock and then cut the little butterflies out and used them as die cuts.  I stuck a few on top of the photos here.  My title came from the Puffy Word Stickers Sheet, and I fussy cut this flower & leaves from Paper 02.


This really is a simple design...once you have the butterflies cut, it's just a matter of scattering them around and placing your photo.


More close-ups of all the fun texture and color!



I also used a few stickers from the Butterfly Embellishment Stickers.  The more butterflies, the better, right?!



I am in love with this collection...seriously!  It's beautiful in every way.  It should be available in stores soon, and you can pre-order it now HERE!


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment