Thursday, January 16, 2020

Fun Date / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I have yet another new layout to share for Hip Kit Club today :)  I used the 2019 December Hip Kits, and I decided to go with stars again.  I know I just created a starry page, but I couldn't resist making another one.

I used one of the cut files for this month to cut some of the larger stars from a Heidi Swapp paper. Then I used some of my star punches to create some smaller ones from a Prettly Little Studio paper.  I was thinking of a light blue, soft orange and soft pink color scheme.  Once I arranged them together, I decided to add some brighter pink.  I did that by painting some scrap white cardstock with the Andrea's Azalea Lindy's Powder from the Color Kit.  I punched more stars from that.  To add even more stars, I used the star stencil with some modeling paste.


I went with this cute photo of me and my husband from a few years ago. I liked the colors and they matched all the stars.


I chose some of the dark teal cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I smudged a lot of white gesso down using a palette knife and my fingers.  I created sort of a wave design.  I added the stars using the stencil and then just left it all to dry.  I didn't add anything extra to the background.  I loved how the white looked behind all the stars.  I popped some of the up using some adhesive foam to create some dimension.


I love how this turned out!  I think these colors look so pretty against the darker background.


To add a bit of gold sparkle, I splattered some of the Lindy's Martina's Marigold Powder.  It's a very shimmery yellow golden color.


I tucked in some pink tangled thread around the photo for some more texture and color.


I didn't add to many more embellishments.  A little die cut above the photo, a floral die cut at the bottom of the photo, and a cute camera die cut.


I went simple with the title and mixed and matched.  I used one of the matte gold Thickers with some of the larger pink Thickers.  Fun Date seemed appropriate :)


I hope this inspires you in some way today.  Although most of the December Kits are full of winter related products, here is an example of how to create a non-winter page.  It's fun to challenge yourself to get creative and use the products in a different way :)

The process video for this is up on the Hip Kit YouTube Channel.  My channel is still down...ugh.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment